AdWords
5.1K members online now
5.1K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

What is Billing Verification? My account is stucked...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello to all the Google Employees and Top Contributors out there!

I need your help in understand what exactly is billing verification process in:

1. India
  2. with Post-Pay option
  3. Using Credit Card (VISA/Master)

My case is:

1. I have created a small campaign.
  2. Then next day when I logged in, AdWords system is asking to add funds.
  3. I have added my credit card after chosing Post-Pay option.
  4. I press next and a button appears "Veirfy Card".
  5. I clicked it and enter my 3D code and then, I got a message "Thank you for verifiying your credit card. Please close this window to proceed".
  6. Then I closed the window and agreement appears,I opt-in that and press I agree.
  7. My campaign started accruing impressions for day and a half.
  8. Then I got the message appears on the top in red color saying "Your Google AdWords account has been suspended because your billing information in this or a related account could not be verified."

Now, my question is what exactly went wrong and moreover I am really interested to know what is the billing verification process. What are the precautions we need to take while adding card.

Waiting for answers to come in...

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: What is Billing Verification? My account is stucked...

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello;
Billing issues are account specific. Since we do not have access to the account we cannot help with that.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi MosheTLV

I think you became top contributor by just writing a vague reply messages.

I am sure that, what I have asked is explained very well.

And if you know (I guess you don't) about the Google AdWords billing verification process. You should be replying it in a generic manner instead.

Google Employees are required to look into the matter and let me know atleast the process of verification of a credit card.

As per eHow.com: CVV is the most common of all.

Need inputs.....please revert.

Zee Community Manager
Community Manager
# 4
Zee Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi shaun2321

I'd like to ask you to be respectful to other user as well as our Top Contributors in this Community. It's one of our main Community rules. Moshe is a well respected and knowledgeable member of this Community. He was trying to say was that your issue is account specific and neither users nor Community managers have an access to it.  

What I can do for you is to pass your issue to the AdWords support team, and somebody will reach out to you directly to help you to understand better what to do next.

Thank you,

Zee
G+

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks! Zee.

Well I also respect top contributors in this forum including MosheTLV.

But if someone like me post his or her question, he is expecting some useful insight and a satisfactory reply.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi Shaun2321,

FWIW, there are many things we'd love to know from Google but the reality is, many of their processes are not public information and the billing verification process may be one of them.  From my understanding and my experience here on the Community, I think they use the billing verification process not only for actually verifying billing information as we think of it, (authorizing a CC or Bank account etc..) but I also have a feeling that it is also used as part of their policy enforcement process, which would be why there is a level of secrecy behind it.

As Zee mentioned, she has passed along your issue to the proper department and you should receive some assistance directly.

Cheers!

Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Many thanks! PPCBossman for sharing your views... your point is absolutely right.

I hope Google Employees will contact me sooner....

Zee Community Manager
Community Manager
# 8
Zee Community Manager
Community Manager
Hi shaun2321,

I was informed that the AdWords support representative is in touch with you.

Best,
Zee
G+