AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Find out more about Google Ads billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

What currency will i be billed in?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

When I entered my budget, the pound sterling sign appeared and not the EGP sign.
Is a budget of 30 pouns equal to 30 EGP or is it pound sterling?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Jenny M,

EGP (Egyptian pounds) and sterling pound are different. 

You will be billed in the country/currency you listed when setting up your AdWords account. Your currency options may change depending on the country in which you registered your account. In some countries only certain currencies can be used.

For example, in Russia it is only possible to pay in RUB, not in other currencies such as USD or EUR.

In addition, your choice of currency can affect your choices for paying your bills, such as which payment instruments you may use to pay off your balance. If you wish to pay with another currency, you must create a new AdWords account and select your desired currency at the time of account creation.

Kind Regards,

James

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @Jenny M,

Pound sterling is GBP while EGP is the Egyptian pound.

Both the currencies have different symbols and 30 pounds(sterling) are not equivalent to 30 EGP.

What currency is set for your AdWords account?

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’