AdWords
5K members online now
5K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

What currency should I set for my Adwords account?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I am creating multiple adwords account and linking it to my MCC account, each adwords account is targeted to specific target market like US, Brazil, Mexico, UK, etc.. I am running my business from India. Is it advisable to set currency to USD for all the different adwords account I create, so that it is easier for me to manage all the adwords account or should i set the currency to INR for billing preference? Please advice.

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Davis
September 2015

Re: What currency should I set for my Adwords account?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Davis
This is a personal preference but I would stick to your local INR currency. You'll just confuse things. If there are transactions on your site, it might be best to set the currency to the transaction currency on your site though. If you are bidding to ROAS or CPA bidding, it is nice to compare both inside the AdWords UI.

Something to note though. If you are targeting these different countries ALL on the same WEBSITE DOMAIN, I would not open separate accounts. One account per domain unless there's a circumstantial need for separate accounts. Targeting different regions is not a reason for a new account and can actually give you a DISadvantage.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Dave,

Thanks for the reply.

Between, I would like to know more about the disadvantages of opening different accounts to target different regions. Will it not help me in streamlining the campaigns per country and also easier for reporting purpose.

The product is a property management software. I had planned to create separate adwords account for each country, for example:

Adwords account - US
Campaigns - Search campaign, Search - Remarketing, Display, Display - Remarketing, Placements, etc..

And similar campaigns for other target countries.

Please advice.

Thanks

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Davis
That seems like a lot of unnecessary work.

You can adjust your bids by location in ONE account, you can report by location in ONE account. You can target by language in ONE account.

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Davis,

With regards to multiple adwords account, Different target locations is not a justifiable reason to have multiple accounts. And by this I mean that you will be charged with double serving.

Unless you get an exception from google (highly doubtful) you will not be able to open multiple accounts for the same business.

The rule in its simplest form is ONE business, ONE account irrespective of targeting.

See a long discussion on the rule here:
https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Basics-for-New-Advertisers/Confused-about-Double-Serving/m-p...

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Thanks Dave

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
You're welcome.

Great name by the way! Smiley Wink

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Clynton,

The link was much helpful. I came to understand the issue now of creating multiple accounts that would result in double serving.

The rule to follow is ONE business ONE account irrespective of targeting.

Thanks

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 9
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Ha ha.. You too Smiley Happy