AdWords
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

We were unable to authorise a payment on your credit card.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

this message (at the bottom) is on my adwords account, I have repeatedly tried to contact via the phone number on adwords.

there are 3 options on the phone,

1 - choose the department extension

2 - if you have an account

3 - if you want a new account

if I choose 2 - it is automated and says the account has been suspended, and I should contact the number I first rang, (so it becomes circular)

if I choose 3 - I speak to an operator who puts me through, and I remain on hold until the call drops after usually about 10-15 mins.

I then ring back and choose 3 and start again.

I have been doing this since Monday.

I have money in my adwords account - I can not contact anyone at all.

can anyone help?

We were unable to authorise a payment on your credit card.

Please try to make another payment by visiting your  make payments page. If you need to update your payment details before attempting another payment, please visit your billing preferences page.
1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: We were unable to authorise a payment on your credit card.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi;
Have you filled in and submitted the form I linked in response to your original question on the issue (earlier this week)?
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Moshe - the original question you suggested i post it in the merchant centre forum, and the link you posted in the previous question was an adwords help topic named "search terms report"

which i didn't quite understand the relevance of?

every time i log in to try and resolve this issue i have a message telling me i have, now 2 days left to upgrade my account.

i also don't know what will happen if i don't upgrade within the time frame, thats why i want to address the billing issue.

i have looked at other related topics, and my products on my website are just sports clothing, nothing in the least suspect.

i was told by a google rep that it could be because the card ran out, but i have tried to add an in date card but adwords won't process it?

thanks for your help though.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello again; 

Sorry  about the confusion ; Here is the correct link for suspended accounts due to billing issues:

https://support.google.com/adwords/contact/pf_suspended

As for your second question: You must upgrade; otherwise the system will set default parameters for your campaign  which could  be not the ones suitable for your campaign's gaols. ...Smiley Surprised

Here is a link for upgrading guide;

https://docs.google.com/viewer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2Fadwords%2Fenhancedcampaigns%2Fresou...

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’