AdWords
5.7K members online now
5.7K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

We are moving our websites and I want to know how we move our account ...

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

with the new websites since we have some money still on the account that we of course want to use later. What considerations are important to take here?

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
December 2016

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Utrikespolitiska,

There's no need to create a new account. In fact, I'd recommend against that. You would be starting all over without the benefit of any history you have accrued.

If these are new websites and/or a new domain covering the same subject matter, keep them in the same account.

You will want to retain any organic ranking for the new website, so redirect all your pages on your old website, or as many as you can, to the new website. This will transfer your organic rank to the new URL's.

Then, go into your campaigns and change the display URL to match the new domain, but do not change your landing pages. Let the redirect handle that. That will help transfer some of the QS and AdRank from the old URL to the new URL.

Keep these redirects in place. When your old website no longer shows up in organic search for your top keywords, then go and update your landing pages to the new pages.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Our colleague, Pete, has developed a methodology for that.;

Let me ping him; @petebardo

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
December 2016

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Utrikespolitiska,

There's no need to create a new account. In fact, I'd recommend against that. You would be starting all over without the benefit of any history you have accrued.

If these are new websites and/or a new domain covering the same subject matter, keep them in the same account.

You will want to retain any organic ranking for the new website, so redirect all your pages on your old website, or as many as you can, to the new website. This will transfer your organic rank to the new URL's.

Then, go into your campaigns and change the display URL to match the new domain, but do not change your landing pages. Let the redirect handle that. That will help transfer some of the QS and AdRank from the old URL to the new URL.

Keep these redirects in place. When your old website no longer shows up in organic search for your top keywords, then go and update your landing pages to the new pages.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords