AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Find out more about Google Ads billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Warning Message saying account not active

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

A warning message on my account saying: Account is not active because billing information has not been entered. 

Billing information  has been entered, I have checked this twice by adding the billing details in twice. The card is valid.

Re: Warning Message saying account not active

Zee Community Manager
Community Manager
# 2
Zee Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Becky,

Thanks for posting.

Here are a couple of trouble-shooting recommendations that I can suggest: 

1. If your primary form of payment is a direct debit bank account, I would suggest completing the verification procedures. 

2. If you have added a credit card, I would suggest distinguishing that form of payment as either the primay or the backup.  This article will walk you through making this change: http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=154228

If the ads are still not serving, please call into 866-2Google as one cannot troubleshoot further or isolate the exact issue without looking into account specifics. 

Best,

Zee
G+

Re: Warning Message saying account not active

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I just set up an account, entered all the billing info and get the same issue.