AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

WAY Over my Daily Budget!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Last night around 6pm, I set my daily budget to $2. This morning I log on to check this mornings progress, and while the daily budget is still set to $2 per day, I'm now being billed $505 JUST for today! I've already sent an email to Google's customer service, and I plan to call first thing Monday morning. 

I cannot afford that, and it's clearly Not my fault. I've run campaigns in the past, and never set a daily budget over $5, and I keep an eye of on them every couple hours. 

Trying my best to not freak out.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: WAY Over my Daily Budget!

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

Keep cool. If what you say actually is what happened, Google shouldn´t have a problem identifying that something went wrong and repay you. It happened to me once and they did

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

This is really strange.... David is correct; Google will reply;

If they don't come back and post again.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The same thing is happening to me right now. I set my daily budget to 2.50 and after only a couple hours it says I owe 150 bucks! I sent them an email and all I got was an automated email telling me to search the adword community for an answer. This is really ridiculous.  

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

2.50 or 250 per day? - Double check!

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Its 2.50

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Call support;

I have never used a daily budget in fractions of dollars...It could be the reason that the system does not recognize the .50

[ Edited ]
MBJ
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
MBJ
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The same exact thing just happened to me!  I actually changed my daily budget from $3/day to $10/day and literally within minutes I was up to like $500 in costs!  Whaat the heck?!  I immediately stopped the campaign and sent Google Customer Service an email.  I'm super worried because I planned on spending like $30!  I certainly don't have $500.  I know it's been a few years, but did you ever get your issue worked out?

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

This thread has been closed to new replies.

If you have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question that describes your particular situation.

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thank you.