AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3K members online now
3K members online now
Find out more about Google Ads billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

VAT tax information for Mexico

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I have a couple of questions regarding invoicing and tax for Mexico.

1.- I do not find a place to submit or register my VAT ID. To issue a legal invoice a VAT ID number must be included. Also, if you are paying the VAT directly to the mexican tax authority you also need my VAT ID number.

2.- How can I get a certificate for the VAT that you pay directly to the mexican tax authority? In your AdWords help in the section "Taxes in your country" with Mexico as the selected country, you are saying "We credit your account Y and pay 16% of Y in tax to the Mexican tax authority".

I am setting up a new AdWords account and have not made any payments yet.

I have a prepaid billing method with credit card.

Thank you.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Tomas R
September 2015

Re: VAT tax information for Mexico

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thank you Dave for your response.

Just for the record, I talked to an AdWrods rep from Mexico and told me that in order to receive a legal invoice (with my VAT ID number and certified by the mexican tax authority) I need to setup a new account with DineroMail (a web service like PayPal) selected as the form of payment. Otherwise, I will not be able to have a tax deductible invoice.

Regarding my second question, AdWords (or DineroMail for that matter) do not "pay" to the tax authority the deducted VAT (as stated in your AdWords help website) but "declare" it as charged to the client; just like we as clients declare the VAT in the invoice as paid to AdWords (DineroMail).

All of the above can be done only through issuing a legal invoice.

Thank you

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Tomas
Welcome to the community.

1) If you are the admin on the account, it will be in the payment settings section of the settings in AdWords.

2) You claim back the VAT based on the invoice that Google issues you. You don't get a certificate. You can apply for a certificate via your accountant but standard business, the world over, doesn't operate like this.

It might be worth noting that Google wont charge you any VAT if you're outside Ireland in most cases but you really need to check with your tax accountant about this or better yet, call the local AdWords help phone line as they will be able to give you more specific advice.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Tomas R
September 2015

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thank you Dave for your response.

Just for the record, I talked to an AdWrods rep from Mexico and told me that in order to receive a legal invoice (with my VAT ID number and certified by the mexican tax authority) I need to setup a new account with DineroMail (a web service like PayPal) selected as the form of payment. Otherwise, I will not be able to have a tax deductible invoice.

Regarding my second question, AdWords (or DineroMail for that matter) do not "pay" to the tax authority the deducted VAT (as stated in your AdWords help website) but "declare" it as charged to the client; just like we as clients declare the VAT in the invoice as paid to AdWords (DineroMail).

All of the above can be done only through issuing a legal invoice.

Thank you

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

WHAT IS TAN NOUMBER SIR

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Aman:

From Wikipedia:
In India, a Tax Deduction and Collection Account Number (TAN) is a 10 digit alphanumeric number issued to persons who are required to deduct or collect tax on payments made by them under the Indian Income Tax Act, 1961.

The equivalent in Mexico is RFC: Registro Federal de Contribuyentes, federal registry of contributors.
And instead of using the word number, we say RFC registry or RFC key.

I hope this helps.

Tomas

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Google Translate

Hey . Same problem with VAT number for Brazil. How do I send a product to Brazil and what is the VAT number?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Dear,

My name has ready gotten VAT number ID 9011700426 of Cambodia.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey friend . I do not understand how it happens. I'm from Israel

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Tôi có một vài câu hỏi về việc lập hóa đơn và thuế cho Mexico.

1.- Tôi không tìm thấy nơi để gửi hoặc đăng ký ID VAT của mình. Để phát hành hóa đơn hợp lệ, mã số VAT phải được bao gồm. Ngoài ra, nếu bạn đang thanh toán VAT trực tiếp cho cơ quan thuế mexican, bạn cũng cần số ID VAT của mình.

2.- Làm cách nào để tôi có được giấy chứng nhận VAT mà bạn thanh toán trực tiếp cho cơ quan thuế mexican? Trong phần trợ giúp AdWords của bạn trong phần "Thuế ở quốc gia của bạn" với Mexico là quốc gia được chọn, bạn đang nói "Chúng tôi ghi có Y tài khoản của bạn và thanh toán 16% Y trong thuế cho cơ quan thuế Mexico".

Tôi đang thiết lập tài khoản AdWords mới và chưa thực hiện bất kỳ khoản thanh toán nào.

Tôi có phương thức thanh toán trả trước bằng thẻ tín dụng.