AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Find out more about Google Ads billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Using a promo coupon when setting spending limit

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I just set up my adwords campaign using a promo to spend $50 then receive another $150 in adwords.  I set the dollar limit to $200.  Will that have me spending $200 of my money, then another $150 adwords coupon?  Or should I have set it to $50 so that I spend $50 and then get the $150 adwords coupon?  Just want to be sure I set it up correctly as I'm not ready to spend a lot on adwords til I've seen the insights a little...then maybe I will bump it up. 

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by John Paul (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: Using a promo coupon when setting spending limit

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Kim,

I would suggest you to start with a low budget and then gradually increase it since you are new to Adwords.

I am assuming that you are talking about promo code where you will spend $50 and get $150 credited in your account. Correct me if I am wrong here.

I would encourage you to read this post by Googler Simran where she has explained how this actually works:

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/User-Articles/Spend-X-Get-Y-Promotional-Codes-How-Do-They-Wo...

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by John Paul (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: Using a promo coupon when setting spending limit

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Kim,

I would suggest you to start with a low budget and then gradually increase it since you are new to Adwords.

I am assuming that you are talking about promo code where you will spend $50 and get $150 credited in your account. Correct me if I am wrong here.

I would encourage you to read this post by Googler Simran where she has explained how this actually works:

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/User-Articles/Spend-X-Get-Y-Promotional-Codes-How-Do-They-Wo...

Pankaj