AdWords
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Use a spend-x-get-y coupon and get credited before card is charged?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

Can my clients expect to be able to use a spend-$25-get-$100 promo code and avoid having their credit card charged before the $100 is credited?

I understand it takes 5 (business?) days officially and up to 15 days, according to a Google employee's post here, after the $25 spend for the $100 credit to appear. AdWords by default bills after every $50 in accrued charges or one month, whichever comes first. Does this default change when a promo code is applied, so that billing happens after only $25 is accrued and before the credit can be applied?

I haven't found any thread that answers this question.

Thanks.

Re: Use a spend-x-get-y coupon and get credited before card is charged

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

Try the pre-pay option to avoid such situations.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes, I hadn't realized that prepay seems to solve the problem. However, I think postpay will be a better option for most clients, and AdWords doesn't let you switch between pre- and post-.

And I still don't have an answer to what I think is an obvious query. Hasn't anyone tried to get the $100 credit before their credit card was charged?

Thank you for your tip, Adrian.

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Adwords lets you to switch with a few clicks as described here :

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2375438?hl=en

However the user Moshe who leads this forum as one of the Top Contributors has expressed his concern in a post about this switch , saying that it cannot be done as easy as they describe it in the help.

I do not have an advice about automatic payment + vouchers. You can also call google , they have free phone support here :

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/8206?hl=en&hlrm=en

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for the link about switching between pre- and postpay, Adrian. I recently read another AdWords help page called "How you pay," and I'm almost sure it said you can't switch, so maybe this policy has changed recently.

I realized last night that my last post is wrong -- prepay billing does not solve the problem I started with, because it requires you to pay at least $25 to get the $100 credit. I want to know if it's possible, with postpay, to incur $25 of charges but then get the $100 credit, so that your balance would be a $75 credit, and you would not have paid anything. This would have to happen before your credit card was charged.

I may call AdWords support, as you suggested.

By the way, does anyone know if prepay billing (per Adrian's first link, now called manual payments?) is available in the U.S.? The "How you pay" help page said yes, but apparently only using credit cards, not bank transfers.