AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.8K members online now
3.8K members online now
Find out more about Google Ads billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Updated Current Balance - Pay To See It Instantly

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I use pre-pay with my Adwords account.

I really need to be able to see my true current balance. I understand that it takes time for the day's click costs to be calculated, deducted and reflected in the billing page... but why then does the Current Balance update instantly if I pay more money into my account?

I'm waiting now to see my true balance (with today's click costs deducted) yet I know that if I were to add any amount of money to my account, the billing page would immediately show me a much more accurate Current Balance - with today's click costs calculated and deducted.

For example, let's say the Current Balance displayed is £100... but the true balance - when click costs have been deducted - will be £50... I could either wait up to 24 hours to get a more accurate Current Balance... or if I paid £10 in to my account right now... the Current Balance would instantly show £60.

If it can suddenly tell me an accurate number once I've put money in, why can't it show me an accurate number before that? I shouldn't have to pay money in to see the best estimate of my Current Balance.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Updated Current Balance - Pay To See It Instantly

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi,

It looks like the ‘payment’ action is triggering the calculation then and there and your accurate ‘current balance’ is displayed instantly.

I am not a Google employee, so I cannot confirm this.

Deepak

Re: Updated Current Balance - Pay To See It Instantly

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes but I need to know BEFORE I pay money in what my accurate current balance is. Sometimes I need to know before I go to sleep for the night, whether or not I need to add funds to my Adwords account before the morning.

If it's possible for it to do the calculation instantly when I add funds then it should be able to do the calculation any time. I shouldn't have to add funds to access the accurate Current Balance.