AdWords
4.1K members online now
4.1K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Updated Current Balance - Pay To See It Instantly

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I use pre-pay with my Adwords account.

I really need to be able to see my true current balance. I understand that it takes time for the day's click costs to be calculated, deducted and reflected in the billing page... but why then does the Current Balance update instantly if I pay more money into my account?

I'm waiting now to see my true balance (with today's click costs deducted) yet I know that if I were to add any amount of money to my account, the billing page would immediately show me a much more accurate Current Balance - with today's click costs calculated and deducted.

For example, let's say the Current Balance displayed is £100... but the true balance - when click costs have been deducted - will be £50... I could either wait up to 24 hours to get a more accurate Current Balance... or if I paid £10 in to my account right now... the Current Balance would instantly show £60.

If it can suddenly tell me an accurate number once I've put money in, why can't it show me an accurate number before that? I shouldn't have to pay money in to see the best estimate of my Current Balance.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Updated Current Balance - Pay To See It Instantly

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi,

It looks like the ‘payment’ action is triggering the calculation then and there and your accurate ‘current balance’ is displayed instantly.

I am not a Google employee, so I cannot confirm this.

Deepak

Re: Updated Current Balance - Pay To See It Instantly

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes but I need to know BEFORE I pay money in what my accurate current balance is. Sometimes I need to know before I go to sleep for the night, whether or not I need to add funds to my Adwords account before the morning.

If it's possible for it to do the calculation instantly when I add funds then it should be able to do the calculation any time. I shouldn't have to add funds to access the accurate Current Balance.