AdWords
2.9K members online now
2.9K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Understanding "Cost" Tab on Adwords

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi folks,

I have a question, which may be simple, but confusing me. Is the "Cost" tab on my Adwords account equal to the money I owe to Adwords?

Thank you.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Tommy,

It is not what you owe, but how much your ads did cost for the period selected.

If you hover over the question mark next to Cost, it says:

Cost is the sum of your cost-per-click (CPC) spend and cost-per-thousand impressions (CPM) spend during this period.

What's not included: Other costs, such as cost-per-call, aren't included. For a sum of all costs, use the Total Cost column.

Controlling costs: To help control costs, set an average daily budget you're comfortable with at the campaign level, then set bids at the keyword and ad group level.

More about the cost of AdWords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Rob,

Thanks. My campaign was a video campaign with daily budget, and it surprised me as the amount in the "Cost" tab was more than 300% of my daily budget. In the Billing tab however, showed me my daily budget amount. This is what confused me.

I noticed others have similar problem too with video campaign. https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Billing/Video-campaign-Daily-Budget-set-at-2-Total-cost-18...

Thank you for your prompt answer.