AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2K members online now
2K members online now
Find out more about Google Ads billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Unauthorized charge

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I cancelled my AdWords account. At that time I clicked "Cancel", I was informed that I had 60 days to pay my balance. Additionally, I received an email from Google Billing confirming my cancellation and letting me know that my card would be charged 4 weeks. However, Google charged my card 8 days after my cancellation. I wasn't prepared for the charges; hence, I have overdrawn charges on my debit card. Why Google doesn't honor what was said? If Google gives me 60 days (or 4 weeks), then give me 60 days (or 4 weeks). Or at least give me some kind of warning so that I get prepared. I am extremely unhappy!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Unauthorized charge

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Beatriz R;

To my recollection these confirmation emails say that the remaining balance will be charged within 30 days or at the end of the current billing cycle,

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: Unauthorized charge

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
No. The Google message said 60 days. The confirmation email said 4 weeks. Nothing was said about the end of the billing cycle. Maybe you received a confirmation email with that information you are referring to. Not me.