AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Unauthorized Charge??

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

Can anyone at Adword accounts help me please? I have a unauthorized Charge in my credit card of ZA300!! I have never heard of adwords or do I have and account with you. GOOGLE *ADWS 3746565288. asper your page this is a valid transaction so don`t tell me to dispute this charge with my back it is a charge from google. This is fraud!! 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Unauthorized Charge??

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Duncan L,

You'll find guidelines in regard to what you are advised to do and how to report it on the help page linked-to below.

***   Unauthorized AdWords charges   ***

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2472641?hl=en

Best,

Lakatos

Unauthorized Charge??

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Lakatos

I did as you requested on the 8th I have not received any feedback regarding this matter. I will also like to know where did google adword get my credit card details?  

Thanks for contacting AdWords support.

We'll make sure your message reaches the right team.

Unauthorized Charge??

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

google agent phoned me but at the end can`t do anything and referred me to my bank.     

Unauthorized Charge??

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi so this happened again this is the mail from adwords support

Hi Advertiser,

Hope you are well.

As, we have confirmed over the call that someone has used your card details in Google AdWords account and you need to dispute with the bank and need to ask them to stop the payment to Google AdWords and we have already taken step from our end and we have suspended the suspected Google AdWords account.

Sincerely,
The Google AdWords Support Team 

Google Inc. | The Google AdWords Team | Google Marketing Solutions |  adwords.google.com

This BS then you did nothing on your side if this happened again. 

Unauthorized Charge??

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi @Duncan L,

Your best option probably is to ask your bank for a new card and cancel the existing one. I figured Google would flag the account to prevent it from happening again, however, based on your lines it seems it's not part of the policy. (Obviously because the bank can identify you more closely.)

Again, you are advised to take action on your own at your end.

Best,

Lakatos

Unauthorized Charge??

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi 

I did do that now. What is adwords/google doing from your side? Just figured Google will flag the account seeing that they know this guy is steeling and stop the payments from my credit card as it was stated in the mail. They have all the info, but hey who gives a rat*** as long as google get their money right.

Google/adwords has to take responsibility just turning a blind eye makes them just of guilty of steeling.

Unauthorized Charge??

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hi @Duncan L,

My best guess is that Google is not a criminal courthouse and therefore refrains from judging who is stealing and who isn't. It also may be difficult to establish your identity based on an email, and perhaps that's the reason for which they did not flag your account. 

Anyway, you did the right thing when you did do that now.

Best,

Lakatos

Unauthorized Charge??

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

That`s the point its not my account I don`t have an adwords account I have never had one I don`t have a website. Who does the account belong to 3746565288? What is the name on this account? Where is the confirmation email that was send?  3746565288  account is liked to a google account its not mine. I gave all my details to the support and spoke to them my identity must surely be known the first time this happened.   

Its not about being criminal court house  I`m not asking for them to go and catch the guy, this is an admin problem don`t they have an accounts departments. You`re the experts on this topic you tel me?