AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Find out more about Google Ads billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Unable to switch MCC linked Account to Consolidate Billing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there,

I've recently started working for a company that has an existing MCC account set up. On this account, they have several linked AdWords accounts that are are using consolidated billing. I have created a new AdWords account for a client through the MCC interface, but whenever I try set up an Invoice I don't get a "Who Pays" option.

I had at first assumed that I had to set up some sort of private invoicing, and could afterwards update it to make use of consolidated billing, so I set up the billing information relating to us to use a Funds Transfer payment method (I don't know any company credit card details and I am hesitant to put my own in) with the express intent of cleaning up these details when I could move the client onto the consolidated billing. Having done this, I still couldn't see any option to change "Who Pays" in any of the clients billing settings.

Are there any constraints of which I am not aware that are prohibiting me from putting an Account onto consolidated billing? Most of my searches lead me to Adwords Support pages that imply that the "Who Pays" section of the Billing Information should just be there.

I am writing this from my personal Google account, which is not affiliated with the MCC in question in anyway.

Thanks in Advance;

Kyle

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Kyle T
September 2015

Re: Unable to switch MCC linked Account to Consolidate Billing

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Kyle,

You'll have to contact the support team (when you're ready) to switch the account to CB. Support info here.

Good luck,
Sumanth

Sumanth Sridhar

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Kyle T
September 2015

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Kyle,

You'll have to contact the support team (when you're ready) to switch the account to CB. Support info here.

Good luck,
Sumanth

Sumanth Sridhar

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi there Sumanth,

Thanks for the advice. For the record, my problem was that other accounts on the MCC weren't under consolidated billing, rather they had each been manually assigned the same billing entity. The operater however put me through the correct process to establish the MCC with genuine consolidated billing.

Kyle