AdWords
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

US targeting, but impressions from India. Why?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi ,

Yes Google ad words really sucks.

No proper email support. 

I have done my set up for US region. I am getting impressions from India.

When I asked for this they answer may be people from India are using approxy.

When you know they are using approxy why don't you exclude them.

For some of my ads my avg. ad position is 6 but I never found on 1st page.

I have excedded my bid to est first pos. bid but I am still not on first page.

Thanks

Rakesh Jain

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: US targeting, but impressions from India. Why?

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Rakesh, 

Thanks for your post.  It sounds like you're concerned about where your traffic is coming from, and whether or not you're showing on the first page of search results.  

The very first thing I would encourage you to do is check out your advanced location settings.  The default setting will be to show ads to "People in, searching for, or viewing pages about my targeted location."  Here's what this means for you:  People might not necessarily be physically located in the United States, but they could express their interest in finding your product or service somewhere in the United States by including a targeted location term in their search.

If you want to make sure that your ads only show to people who are physically located in your targeted location, you should switch your advanced location settings to show ads to "People in my targeted location."  For more information on advanced location settings, you can check out this Help Center resource:  Advanced Location Options.  

Next, it sounds like you're searching for your own ad on google.com but not seeing it.  It is important to remember that the ad auction is dynamic.  This means that, due to a variety of factors that go into it (bids, budgets, quality scores, location targeting, ad scheduling, etc.) the results can vary widely every time it happens.  Thus, no ad is guaranteed to show under certain conditions.  Furthermore, your ad will not show every time a relevant search is performed, simply due to budget constraints and the system's efforts to spread your ad serving out throughout the day.  Thus, it can be misleading to check for your own ad on google.com. 

What we recommend instead is that you check the Ad Preview Tool, which is found under the Tools and Analysis tab in the AdWords interface.  You can use this tool to check the status of your ad for a particular keyword.  Once you enter a search term and other criteria like your language and location, the tool will tell you whether your ad is eligible to appear in that situation.  For more information, check out this Help Center resource:  Ad Preview and Diagnosis Tool.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions!  And, do keep in mind that you can contact our North America phone support team Monday-Friday, 9 a.m. - 8 p.m. EST, and our chat support team all hours of the day, Monday-Friday.

Sincerely, 
Kelly W.

Re: US targeting, but impressions from India. Why?

Zee Community Manager
Community Manager
# 3
Zee Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Rakesh, 

I hope you find Kelly's answer helpful. Thanks, Kelly!

Zee
G+