AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.5K members online now
1.5K members online now
Find out more about Google Ads billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

US dollars or Israel Currency in Adwords ? Please help Urgent !

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My client has a website based in Isarel.

Its Levantfair(.)com. We sell jewelry and home decor products. We offer free shiping worldwide. 

You can see that our website is in english and product prices are in US dollars. Additionally, most of of customers are from US and then UK. So we want to target US customers first. We are going to create first campaign for our website. 

Problem:

My client adwords account is using Israel currency and Israel time zone.  Time zone is not a issue but currency is,.

As you can see our website (levantfair.com) is an English website and product prices are in US dollars. So I've recommended client to create a new account where default currency setting should be US dollars. This will help us in setting up Adwords Campaigns. 

But client said to me that he may need to pay additional conversion fee to bank. He is not suire of this information (even I am not sure of this information). My question is if we setup a new adwords account, where we set our currency in US dollars, do we have to pay any additional charges to bank or anyone.

Thanks

Ishank

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: US dollars or Israel Currency in Adwords ? Please help Urgent !

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello;

A number of issues here, before answering your specific questions:

1. You collect personal information, including credit card numbers on a non SSL page. 
  2. There is no privacy policy in place;

These issues must be fixed, since these  are violations of the information harvesting section of the policy.

As for your initial question:

If you open a new account, you will  have to close the current one. (Per the double serving) - if the current account has good campaign performances - this would  not be recommended.

As for the currency: the price per click is irrelevant to the currency you charge users (when buying on your site). Since Adwords uses world wide currency conversion system, the price per click is identical (per keyword per location), no matter what currency is used.

If you use a USD (as a currency) and your client is charged in local currency - currency conversion charges will be incurred. If your client had a bank account in USD, Adwords billing would be in USD and no currency conversion charges would apply.

To wrap up the issues:

• Fix the site policy violations;
  • CPC is irrelevant for the campaign languages or countries targeted. If current account performances are good, I would not open a new account.
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi MosheTLV,

First of I all I want to thank you for analyzing our website.

I think it was a good decision that I asked this question here in support.

"A number of issues here, before answering your specific questions:

1. You collect personal information, including credit card numbers on a non SSL page. 
  2. There is no privacy policy in place;"

Our website is still under-construction. Right now we've integrated only one payment method which is PayPal (and it goes to a secure page). We are integrating more payment options to accept credit card and debit card. I am not not sure whether those new payment gateways will collect information on a sigle non-SSL page. 

But now as you mentioned about SSL and privacy issue. If we collect personal information (name, address, etc) on a single non SSL page, what do we need to do in order to comply with Google guidelines?  Do we just need to add new information to privacy page? Or we need to do something more.  THIS ISSUE IS VERY IMPORTANT. Please reply.

As for your initial question:

If you open a new account, you will  have to close the current one. (Per the double serving) - if the current account has good campaign performances - this would  not be recommended.

The current account where we have billing in Israel Shekel, my client use to manage a campaign for a different Israeli website which was designed to target Israel users. Now there is no active campaign.

We have not created any campaign for levantfair (which is an English website) using this account.

As for the currency: the price per click is irrelevant to the currency you charge users (when buying on your site). Since Adwords uses world wide currency conversion system, the price per click is identical (per keyword per location), no matter what currency is used.

If you use a USD (as a currency) and your client is charged in local currency - currency conversion charges will be incurred. If your client had a bank account in USD, Adwords billing would be in USD and no currency conversion charges would apply.

CPC is not an issue, but its reporting.

Our products prices are in US dollars, our site is in English, and we will start our Ad words campaigns by targeting US customers.

Since our billing is in Shekel. We will be running Adwords campaign in Israel currency. Our advertising cost data will be in Israel Shekel and our sales data will be in US dollars.  So when we have to compare sales data against cost data, we will not get correct reports. 

Waiting or you reply. 

- Ishank

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello again;
If reporting is the issue, call Google CS: They will switch the currency - but they will do so only once, as a courtesy.

Keep in mind that your client may incur extra costs due to (currency) exchange rates.

• The site shows payment methods using Visa and PayPal. Since, I cannot access them, I can't say whether they comply. Anyway, I would strongly recommend to have them SSL secured.
  • In this type of website, in which personal information is collected, Privacy policy is a must!
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’