AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.4K members online now
3.4K members online now
Find out more about Google Ads billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

URGENT - Can't access AdWords yet am being billed!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Help!  I am getting monthly bills from Google for clicks on ads that I previously set up in AdWords, yet when I try to log in to Adwords I am told that the service is not set up on my account!  I can't stop, pause or monitor my ads and am getting no benefit from the fees that are being deducted from my credit card. Can anyone from Google please help?

2 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Bilbo (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: URGENT - Can't access AdWords yet am being billed!

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi bkkstudio,

Did you set up your Adwords account on your own or any Company has been involved in it? It's really unfortunate that you are unable to have access to your Adwords. 

Do you remember any of your email address getting associated with the Adwords account for which you are getting billed?

Are there any other users associated with your Adwords account? If yes, are they able to access it or not?

You might consider following this troubleshooter.

Hope that helps!

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi bkkstudio,

It looks to me the issue of conflicting accounts due to Googls apps transition. See these articles below:

Why do I have two accounts with the same email address?

How do I know if my account with AdWords needs to be updated?

But in any case, you should have received intimation email from Google.

Anyway, thanks for letting Community know about this...

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi bkkstudio,

Did you set up your Adwords account on your own or any Company has been involved in it? It's really unfortunate that you are unable to have access to your Adwords. 

Do you remember any of your email address getting associated with the Adwords account for which you are getting billed?

Are there any other users associated with your Adwords account? If yes, are they able to access it or not?

You might consider following this troubleshooter.

Hope that helps!

Pankaj

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee
Hello bkkstudio, have you tried to call Google AdWords (see link in top right corner of this page)?
Let us know when you solve this.
Cheers,
E
Yes, I work at Google. I want all AdWords Advertisers to be happy and prosperous

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi there Make sure you're logging in using the right Google account Ali

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks to all who replied on this - I have now found out how to access the account. I originally set up this Google Adwords account with an email address using our own company's web domain. Some time after, Google assigned a GMail address to the same account without me asking for it. It was unwanted at the time and I've never used it, but it acted as an alias for the user name, which was my company email address. Everything worked fine for several years.  However, recently, without me knowing about it, Google seems to have split the two email addresses into two separate accounts, with only the GMail address getting access to the account with Adwords.  Nice one, Google.  I couldn't find any way to call or email them about this, all attempts were met with references to the online help, which didn't.

Essentially I have been forced into using the GMail address to maintain access to AdWords. It would have been courteous of them to inform me of this change by mailing both the email addresses attached to the account, but they apparently didn't.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi bkkstudio,

It looks to me the issue of conflicting accounts due to Googls apps transition. See these articles below:

Why do I have two accounts with the same email address?

How do I know if my account with AdWords needs to be updated?

But in any case, you should have received intimation email from Google.

Anyway, thanks for letting Community know about this...

Pankaj