AdWords
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Two deductions from Credit Card

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I received a promo code. So I went through the process of creating ads and made the required deposit by Credit Card and I am now awaiting the Promo amount to show up. My question is regarding credit card payment ....  I had two deductions from my credit card  for Google. One for the amount required and another for a much smaller amount. why? 

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by RaggyRat (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: Two deductions from Credit Card

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Oftentimes you will be charged $1 or less to verify that the credit card is real/active. That charge is a hold and should be taken off eventually.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by RaggyRat (Google Employee)
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Oftentimes you will be charged $1 or less to verify that the credit card is real/active. That charge is a hold and should be taken off eventually.

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee
Hi Sam,

As Joe said, this is usually a test charge and should disappear from your statement within 15 days. Our system does this to make sure the card is chargeable before submitting the request for the actual payment.

Additionally, to caution you about the promotional code, these usually require you to spend the mount stipulated before you get the promotional credit. Just depositing the money in your AdWords account may not meet the eligibility criteria (as credit balance can always be refunded).

You'll need to activate your campaign and actually accrue costs of the stipulated amount after applying the code, to be eligible. Once this is done, you should receive the credit within 7 days. Please do reach out to our support team for further details on the promotional code you've applied to your account. Smiley Happy

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,

RR