AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Find out more about Google Ads billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Total cost stated is higher than budget planned in Adword

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

so i read about the article said where the total cost is higher than the budget we defined earlier for an campaign, and found out some expert mentioned that actually its not a big deal because in the end of the billing cycle, we still paid what we stated in the budget before? anybody can come to clarify this for me thanks...

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Total cost stated is higher than budget planned in Adword

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Brandon,

Yes, that's true. It might happen that AdWords might charge you higher some days if the system believes that Search Traffic is higher and relevant to what you are advertising. It might go upto as much as 20% higher than your average daily budget. But as you said, in the end of the month, if your budget has been consistent and you haven't made any major changes to it, then your monthly spend would be similar to what you have defined.

More details about this here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2375423?hl=en

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Brandon,

Yes, that's true. It might happen that AdWords might charge you higher some days if the system believes that Search Traffic is higher and relevant to what you are advertising. It might go upto as much as 20% higher than your average daily budget. But as you said, in the end of the month, if your budget has been consistent and you haven't made any major changes to it, then your monthly spend would be similar to what you have defined.

More details about this here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2375423?hl=en

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
thanks, it totally gave me heart attack when i saw that money value