AdWords
3.3K members online now
3.3K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Total cost by far higher than daily budget

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey there, 

I've just created a video campaign for my YouTube video today and set a daily budget of 4.29€ with start date March 28th and end date April 11th accruing to a total of 64.35€. However, after just a few hours running since yesterday evening, the dashboard shows this: 

InteractionsImpr.Interaction rateAvg. CostCost
7,14425,01028.56%€0.03€184.10

The campaign I know paused, shows this: 

Campaign #2
Paused€4.29/dayEnglishYouTube search; YouTube videos; Display NetworkMar 28, 2017
Apr 11, 2017
All the timeAllAll countries and territoriesCPV-

How can this be, or better asked, what does this mean? I set a daily budget far below what the actual cost now says and that by far doesn't look like going 20% over my daily limit. 

Thanks in advance! 

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
March 2017

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

This happens occasionally. You won't be charged more than 20% more than the daily budget for any one day, so don't worry about that.

Wait 24 hours, and if the spend amount doesn't change to what it should be, contact AdWords support.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
March 2017

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

This happens occasionally. You won't be charged more than 20% more than the daily budget for any one day, so don't worry about that.

Wait 24 hours, and if the spend amount doesn't change to what it should be, contact AdWords support.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you very much for the help, Rob. :=)
Have a great day! =)