AdWords
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

To switch from automatic to manual payment

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I can't change from Automatic Payment to Manual Payment.

I have two valid credit cards on my account, Master Card and Visa.  

I have paid off the balance + enough to cover  how much the previous 7 days would  cost, that is demanded by Google to make the change.

Yet in the billings settings when i go to "Edit" Automatic Payments as soon as I click the "Manual Payments" radio button the "Save" button gets greyed out and I can't click it.

I found a form hidden in the Help: "Change your payment settings",   that said I had to contact AdWords support to be able to change from automatic to manual payment. So I filled out the form but have heard nothing.

Why is it so hard to change the way you pay, and why in effect do you have to pay for the privilige of changing.

Mike

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Karl (Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆)
September 2015

Re: To switch from automatic to manual payment

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hey Mike,

You can contact AdWords's Support team by phone very easly, you can find the phone number here:

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1385067

Cheers,

Asaf

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello Mike;

In some accountants created in 2009 or earlier you cannot do the switch. I had it too in one account. It's a pure technical issue with the clearing house Google is linked with.

But as Asaf suggested contact Google's CS.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Mike,

Indeed you cannot make the switch from automatic to manual yourself. How long has it been since you submitted the request? If you haven't heard back, then I'd also suggest calling the support team. They can also tell you if it's possible to make the switch or not but it shouldn't really be the case any more. Even with most older accounts you should now be able to make the switch.

Karl
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Karl (Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆)
September 2015

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Thanks for your replys. 

Adwords support did eventually change my settings for me.

I don't really understand why I couldn't do it on-line myself, and why I had to pay seven days up front for the privilige.

But it's done now, so I am happy.

Thanks again,

Mike

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks because it tells me to make a payment then I can change.I have tried it 3 times and it does not work now I have a account of R450

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks but it is a new account and my other one is on manual payments

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks I will have to try on Monday

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
It tells me to make a payment first then I can change it.Tried but it's not working

have

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

i have the same problem .. can i change it ? or please tell me how i can cancel my account , 

regard