AdWords
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

The real cost of a video campaign !?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So far i haven't found the answer for the question. You set your daily budget to 3$ for example, but the real cost of the ad is way higher, like 100$ / day. Can anyone explain what is the problem, it's since at least 2012, so don't tell me this is a bug Smiley Wink . I have found till now only ambiguous answers, like "it's a bug" or just "you will get charged only 3$/day". I would like an answer from someone who got the same problem and solved it please or someone who really knows about this problem. And by the way this is not overdelivery, that is only 20% from the daily campaign, that means 3,6$ maximum (i have seen this answer many times too). I hope at the end of the month google doesn't have to sell my house or something like this so i have to pay for a 30secs. youtube video.

Thank you very much and have a nice day Cat Happy !

IMG_20150706_133511.jpg

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: The real cost of a video campaign !?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Moluz
Sorry to hear that you're having problems.
Unfortunately, I've never come across this problem where I bid $3 a day and get charged $100 per day. I manage a LOT of accounts and have never seen it.

You're right, it definitely doesn't sound like the 20% over delivery.

Could you perhaps show a screenshot(s), removing any personal information to show this in action? I'd really like to help you get this resolved because I don't want to be clueless if I ever run into this problem in the future.

Can you also let me know if you are using any shared budgets? This shouldn't be the cause if it is indeed happening but I want to establish if there's a link at all.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have posted the screenshot in my first msg. Thx for the replly! And the numbers in my first mg are an exaple, in the pic are the real ones and the diference is way bigger, my budget is 3 RON and it says the total cost 176 RON. Shared budget...i don't know what that is..sorry!

Have a nice day!

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Moluz
First of all, what's the date range you have selected? Is it one week, one month or "all time"?

Are you certain that you ALWAYS had your budget set to 3? Was it ever higher? Even temporarily? Can you check the change history tool to confirm this?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Ok... i have set my budget to 3/day...and i ran my campaign only for 1,5 days like. From my adwords count i was charged only around 3,3 / day...but if that total cost is 176, i can't understand when that will be chaged, at the end of the month!? What is that total cost and why is there? (some people say it's like a bug and it is not real).
About the date range, i have not selected anything...it's default, but what is curious is that in my adwords account i don't even have 176, it's kind of strange. I just want to know what is the real cost, not any other cost, like total for a month or year etc..
Thx again for the answers and the interest!!
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author moluz m
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It's more than a month since i have encountered the problem with the "total cost" column. Until now i didn't have to pay more than my set daily budget. What is that "total cost" !? I do not know, i haven't got any specific answer.

I am writing this for those who get the same problem as me. 

Have a nice day !! Cat Tongue