AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4K members online now
4K members online now
Find out more about Google Ads billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Switching to manual payments

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

By mistake, I've switched manual payments to automatic. I don't want this, I can't afford it, my business is very small. I need urgently to switch back to manual payments. I've just paid two weeks of what normally my account takes, but I don't find anywhere on the site how to switch back again.

Please, HELP!

Regards,

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Switching to manual payments

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Gilda,

I'm not 100% positive (about 99%) that you'll no longer be able to flip a switch back to manual payments. Google has started a process to remove manual payments (pre-pay) from all new accounts and the option to switch between the two options will be removed from existing accounts.

You still have complete control over your spend with the availability to set a daily budget and end date for your campaigns, to use ad scheduling to pause/enable your ads at specific times, and to create a shared budget to be used across all campaigns within your account.

You can also read more about this here:  https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/3122375

Let us know if you have any other questions about this.

-Tommy

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Re: Switching to manual payments

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

Check out the "Available forms of payment" in your Billing Settings under Billing Tab.

Add a New Form of Payment > Check if you can add a manual payment.

Once you add a manual payment option. Just set the payment method as a "Primary".

You will be done.

If this doesn't work. Just deactivate the account and create a new account. You can then set your billing with Manual Payment. I'm not sure if this work with new account but you can give a try.

Thanks, Shreya