AdWords
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Suspicious spam campaign on AdWords consuming budget

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have detected an irregular situation in the Billing section.  Around Dec. 20th a payment of 100€ was made in the account. The idea was to invest the full budget in a new campaign.  On Dec. 31st I saw that the campaign cost was 40€. That meant that around 60€ from the 100€ budget were yet available. Today Jan. 3rd after entering the account, I realized that a message appeared telling that budget was exhausted. After reviewing the Billing´s clicks activity I saw that a campaign with a suspicious name appears on that summary ("AWX_004...") This suspicious campaign has consumed around 60€ from the 100€ that were destined to the new campaign. Since Aug, 83€ was consumed by this campaign.When looking in GA at the campaigns registered in the activity, this suspicious campaign appears with no activity many parameters, but clicks. Does this mean that it has something to do with spam? Where did our money go? Has someone experimented something similar? Many thanks.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Suspicious spam campaign on AdWords consuming budget

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

This requires investigation  about account access and use with tools only Google has.

Contact customer support.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’