AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Find out more about Google Ads billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Start up our account

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

VERY FRUSTRATING

Need to talk to someone about how to start our account. We are a non-profit, and are told that we have an account that is nearly complete. I need to discuss with a human being what is next step -- do we need to set up billing info? We were evidently told by Google previously that we qualify for free adwords -- How to do we that? etc. I am available via phone/text <edited by a Community Manager as noted below>

CHRIS ISLEIB

U.S. WORLD WAR ONE CENTENNIAL COMMISSION

Note: this post has been edited by a Community Manager, per Community Posting Guidelines, in order to protect privacy and/or account security.
3 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Start up our account

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

@Chris I

Rest assured, you are certainly in the right place to get answers to your questions and get launched with Google Ad Grants.

As @KathleenG suggested, make sure your first step is to sign up through Google For Nonprofits, that is the first step in the process. Once you have done that, follow the steps as outlined in the Ad Grants Account Creation guide to get your AdWords account all set up.

Just remember - DO NOT enter any billing information. If you do, that will turn the account into a regular AdWords account and you will have to start all over again. 

If you have any questions or need any assistance, fell free to reach back out. We are here to help.

View solution in original post

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Hi Chris,
Have you followed the instructions to sign up for Google Ad Grants here: http://www.google.com/nonprofits/join/ ?

And have you received confirmation of acceptance to the programme?

Kathleen
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

@Chris I

Rest assured, you are certainly in the right place to get answers to your questions and get launched with Google Ad Grants.

As @KathleenG suggested, make sure your first step is to sign up through Google For Nonprofits, that is the first step in the process. Once you have done that, follow the steps as outlined in the Ad Grants Account Creation guide to get your AdWords account all set up.

Just remember - DO NOT enter any billing information. If you do, that will turn the account into a regular AdWords account and you will have to start all over again. 

If you have any questions or need any assistance, fell free to reach back out. We are here to help.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Robert,

A few questions.

1. I am going to be applying for an Adwords account for a not for profit, A River of Opportunities. This non profit claims it had applied for and received a Google Not For Profit account, however whomever ran that is gone, the login/username/password records, lost, etc.,

Rather than re-apply, how would I find out if there is an existing non profit account under their EIN?

Start up our account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

what is Adwords ? this is advertising my videos? 

Start up our account

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

This thread has been closed to new replies.

If you have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question that describes your particular situation.

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thank you.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’