AdWords
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Slow process for hijacked accounts. Is there no fast lane?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Slow process for hijacked accounts. Is there no fast lane?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
My financial accounts lay exposed to an Adwords hacker while google spent days getting its head around the matter. Is there no emergency button available to at least suspend access to a clients bank account while the investigation process lumbers stupidly through its wrong conclusions? I shut down my bank account to insulate my company in the mean time, but it's a week before I have those debit cards back. Seems as though there would be another method available to the agreeable and friendly tele-staff.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Well John, I completely empathize with your situation, and would feel creeped-out and soured by the experience as well. But as of this moment, there is no way to expedite anything that would help you protect and defend your financial interests on google's end, short of recommending the closing all of your bank accounts and resorting to cash. We can, however, open a new account, attached to your bank, in mere seconds. Good day, and thank you for considering Google.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yeah, I know, I'm a smart-arse. But the music loop while on hold sends me into a smart-arse frenzy. ...love to all

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi there;

Follow the online step by step instructions in this link;

http://support.google.com/adwords/troubleshooter/2364595?hl=en

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes, I did all of those suggested steps to recover my email account. But the hacker had substituted his email account for mine in the Adwords account. Then he blocked me out. So my email no longer accessed my Adwords account. But my bank account was still linked to it! And the 'google investigators' told me that there had been no unauthorized activity on my account, and that the charges were valid. har har har! And the hackers activity was from the United Arab Emerates ! It was so obvious that it had been hijacked ! and as of this writing, the hacker still has controll of that account and it's access to my website. And days continue to pass....

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

I will refer the case to Google

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’