AdWords
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Shows an error after putting Promotion Code

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Last day I got a promotion code for my site but in billing page when i put the code and click on continue I got an error messageSorry, you are not eligible for this promotional code for the following reason(s): The country of your billing address, The length of time since your account was created." 

I recheked that the i put the correct code with upper case and its valid till 6 May 2013. 

Would request the experts please guid me to resove the issue

Re: Shows an error after putting Promotion Code

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hey fx g

I dont think there is away to go around it.

You should address the issue, it could be your billing address or somthing otherwise or you could of gotten a fake promo code.

Here are some reason Adwords support provides (link provided as well): https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/126179?rd=1

Hop this helps!

Possible reasons:

• Promotion expired: Promotional codes are usually only meant for new advertisers, providing an easy way to get started with the AdWords program. Therefore, these codes can only be redeemed up to 14 days after the creation of an AdWords account. If you created your AdWords account more than 14 days ago, you won't be able to redeem the code. Note that Google won't accept or replace expired vouchers.
  • Multiple credits: Promotional offers are limited to one per customer so it won't be possible to redeem more than one promotional code for any Adwords account. If you've already applied a promotional credit to your account, you won't be able to redeem another.
  • Invalid code or provider: Google works with certain third-party partners who offer these promotions. If you receive a promotional code from a website or service with which you have no business relationship, please be aware that the code may be invalid. If you're about to sign up with a service offering you an AdWords promotional credit, make sure you confirm that the service has a relationship with Google.
  • Incorrect case: Promotional codes are case-sensitive, so be sure to enter the code exactly as it appears on the promotional materials.
PPCSophie

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks PPCSophie

For your reply I input proper address and the promo code which i got lastday after copleting registraiton through http://www.google.com/ads/adwords-coupon.html the link

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

You are welcome Fx g,

I am just wondering what country are you advertising in? I am almost certain that it has something to do with the country you are advertising in. If you look at the screenshot taken from your link (the last sentence), it says it applies to users in US & Canada.

Screenshot_19.png

PPCSophie