AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Showing 0 in clicks and impressions, yet a pending billing for today?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have an ad that was approved today, and looking tonight it's showing 0 clicks and 0 impressions for how many times it's supposedly been shown, so I figured it hadn't started to show yet.  However when just now looking at my credit card, it's showing a pending charge for what I set as my daily limit in my budget.  I'm running a text ad, display network only with CPM billing.

Anyone have any ideas why I'm being charged with no activity showing for the ad?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Showing 0 in clicks and impressions, yet a pending billing for today?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi AGypsyRed,

You will not be charged without any activity.

At times the adwords interface takes time to update data, so please check after some time.

You may not see click data as your bidding method is CPM (as you are paying for impressions).

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2459326

Info

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Showing 0 in clicks and impressions, yet a pending billing for today?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi AGypsyRed,

Have you checked your date range in the top right to make sure it is including todays date? Sometimes the date range will default to the past seven days, which does not include todays date.

Another potential reason for this is a delay in reporting as stated above. I have seen instances, especially with loosely targeted display campaigns, where I am reporting 0 clicks and impressions for some time but after a couple of hours and a few refreshes of the browser my campaign has already served its entire budget for the day.

A good rule of thumb for viewing the most up-to-date numbers, the reporting under the home tab updates first before the campaigns tab.

Alex