AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.2K members online now
5.2K members online now
Find out more about Google Ads billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Setting Budgets

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I want to control my budgets. I want to set a monthly budget - across all ads, but i don't know where to go to set that up.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Setting Budgets

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Leon,

You set a monthly budget by setting the daily budget of each campaign and multiplying by 30.4.

Take a look at the link and then let us know any questions you have.

Kind Regards,

James 

Setting Budgets

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The daily budget has a minimum setting - i don't want to spend the min. on  1 ad - see, if i wanted to spend less than the "recommended minimum" i can't so my daily or monthly budgets is really not controlled by me its preset by the min. required pay per click rate. Say i want to spend no more than $2.00 per click for an ad. But the min per click is $2.50 - this effects my daily budget for this ad, hence my monthly budget for that same ad.

Setting Budgets

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Leon,

Your cost per click is not derived or controlled on the ad level, but per the keyword clicked on. And you can set the maximum default cost per click per ad group, which in your case would be $2.00, and this will limit any cost per click on any ad (keyword).

Please note that depending on your industry, quality score, daily budget and other factors, setting a $2.00 per click may not generate much traffic. If you set a $4.00 daily budget and a $2.00 max cost per click... and a competitor in the same auction is bidding $4.00 for top placement, you are severely limiting your own actions. Regardless, you can tell the system that you only want to spend X amount daily, X amount for a click on X keyword and A amount for the max cost per click for the ad group.... and the results will be what they are, which varies greatly for each of us. In some industries (and campaigns), I spend $9.85 per click and others I spend $0.15 per click.     

You should spend some time reading more about Budgets & Bids for AdWords. This will provide valuable information that will guide in your campaign operations.

Kind Regards,

James

Setting Budgets

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I noticed i am being billed twice a month - strange for the same acct. Where i only requested 1 billing per month. How would i go about resolving this? 

Setting Budgets

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi James, I tried and i lowered all the daily budgets - didn't affect anything, its still billing me the same (twice a month) something is off... i feel like i need to call someone there to look into it. any suggestions?

Setting Budgets

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi Leon,

Regardless of daily budget, all accounts have a billing threshold and billing cycle and if either are these reached, the payment method on file will be charged. Please use this information to learn more. 

If you would like, you can contact support and they can confirm anything with you. Please call AdWords (and Express) Support at 866-246-6453 Monday-Friday, 9:00 am to 8:00 pm (EST) and have them access the account and assist you. This is toll-free number in the United States for worldwide support. You can also use this interactive web page that allows the country to be changed for a possible more local phone number. 

Kind Regards,

James