AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3K members online now
3K members online now
Find out more about Google Ads billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Scared Beyond Belif

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Please please please, anyone, I had an ad campaign up for a small website and yesterday I jokingly put a large ($150) budget, and today I see the bill of $260. Currently I have nowhere near that amount of money and I am not receiving an income at all through my website. Currently I am extremely scared about what will happen, and I didn't know my website will recive attention at all, but It looks like 151 people clicked on the link, 15 people clicked on the affiliate links, but noone brought anything. 

Right now I am begging anyone that is a part of adwords to help me with this situation, I dont want any legal troubles, its only a small amount of money and currently I am thinking of selling a few  of my personal things to get this bill payed.  But if there is a way to cancel this bill or something I would really really like it. I am more than accepting a termination of my adwords account, I have learned my lesson.  

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by CassieH (Community Manager)
January 2016

Re: Scared Beyond Belif

Community Manager
# 5
Community Manager
Hi Moon,

As Moshe said, you will not be able to get a refund for traffic accrued when your campaigns were enabled. I hope that you have paused your campaigns or removed them, though, to make sure you do not continue to be charged for clicks.

If you have further questions, it will best to reach out to the AdWords Team directly, since they can look into the account with you: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/8206?hl=en

Cassie

View solution in original post

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello there;

Google will not waive any charges.  All  charges for clicks accrued, until you stoped the campaign, must be paid.

Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
How long will the pay window be opened? I need to know this. Also, what happens if its not payed for?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I also am EXTREMELY nervous about this. It was a big mistake I just hope Google can have a very long payment window before it gets even MORE serious than it is.

$256 isn't much, and the current income can get me to that goal in a few weeks.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by CassieH (Community Manager)
January 2016

Community Manager
# 5
Community Manager
Hi Moon,

As Moshe said, you will not be able to get a refund for traffic accrued when your campaigns were enabled. I hope that you have paused your campaigns or removed them, though, to make sure you do not continue to be charged for clicks.

If you have further questions, it will best to reach out to the AdWords Team directly, since they can look into the account with you: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/8206?hl=en

Cassie

Scared Beyond Belif

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This i think is a case of poor optimization and greed. Plan your keywords wisely and design better landing pages and most importantly put ads within your financial capabilities.Lastly i would advise putting ads on products and services you have control over because of time affiliates programs take to payout.

This was a newbie mistake and hope you learn never to repeat it.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

This thread has been closed to new replies.

If you have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question that describes your particular situation.

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thank you.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’