AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Sales tax on adwords?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Will sales tax be added to my invoice if my business resides in certain states, such as Texas, New York and Illinois? Are there any states where sales tax could be added to my bill? 

Re: Sales tax on adwords?

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi,

It depends on the Country where your Adwords is billing not on state . For detail information about taxes in your country or any country which you wish to know. You can check from the below link.

Taxes in your Country -https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/3365132?rd=1

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi - this is all it says for United States - it doesn't really answer the question.

Advertisers in North America

If you're an advertiser in North America and you claim business income from your AdWords advertising, you'll need to provide Google's Tax Identification Number (TIN) when filing your taxes. Here's our information:

Google, Inc.
1600 Amphitheatre Pkwy
Mountain View, CA 94043
Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) 77-0493581

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Since I'm not from US or I don't have any accounts with billing address USA I couldn't able give you the exact information. But one thing, If you are already an Adwords Advertiser with billing address with in USA you could see tax information in the billing page if any taxes are applicable.

Here is one thread I got where Google employee says that Google doesn't include tax in your Adwords Charges for US or Canada advertisers.

Hope that helps you !