AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Rob Scott <collections@accesscm.co.uk>

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have receive an email from Rob Scott for undepayment Google Adwords and I do not owe anything to Google. Should we trust?

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Rob Scott <collections@accesscm.co.uk>

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Rob,

You might be received fraudulent mail. Is it from @google.com domain or something else. If this mail is not exactly related to you, don't reply.

Thanks

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

It is most probably a fraud. Don`t send any money, check your AdWords account and contact your local Google support.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Community Manager
# 4
Community Manager
Hi Abel G,
If you owe an outstanding amount to Google for AdWords, you will see a notification in your account. If you have any questions about this you should contact the AdWords Support team.

Kathleen

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Rob Scott is the signatory for a company that Google indeed employs for debt collection - so whilst it may be someone trying to defraud you - it may well be that you do, in fact, owe Google some money.

However, this said, the ideal approach is, as @KathleenG suggests, to check your billing tab and see if there is anything outstanding - and, if there is, make the payment through the interface. If you send a cheque to Rob Scott it takes some days to clear, and then some more days for his company to inform Google and then they will take your account live again - but you might have been without ads for a couple of long weeks....

Also - take a look at the address to which the email was sent and make sure that this is the same as the account you are accessing. It wouldn't be the first time that advertisers have an old "forgotten" account that has something outstanding....

Rob Scott &lt;collections@accesscm.co.uk&gt;

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Actually It seems legit. 

I did log in, check the account in question, (not via any links) it had its billing method expired and I updated. 

not , although by this time a voucher credit had been applied and it was in credit again, 

The email also says 

"If you have any doubts as to the authenticity of this notice please refer to the Google AdWords support service directly via the Google AdWords Help Centre.

Note that we have not provided any links in this email. You should never respond to an email by clicking on a link and entering your account details" 

Rob Scott &lt;collections@accesscm.co.uk&gt;

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

This thread has been closed to new replies since it is from 2014.

If you have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question that describes your particular situation.

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thank you.