AdWords
1K members online now
1K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Ripped off By Goggle Adwords

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am a retired master electrician doing consulting work and was approached by Adwords telling me if I spend $25 in ads that I would receive $100 in free advertising. The rep assured me that it would cost no more than $25 and that he would contact me in a week to see how the ad ws doing? With in 4 days $100 was taken out of my bank account by Adwords. I call the rep back that sold me the ad and he apologizes and says that he will have his supervisor contact me. 5 days later I am yet able to speak to the reps supervisor who will return none of my phone calls or messages. And call after call to Adwords billings only get me sent to some data center with people who speak poor english that Google Adwords outsource their billings clients to.

Needless to say Adwords is a rip off and they are unable to fix this issue I was billed over $103.00 for 2 campaign clicks this is not right or fair.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author D B E
November 2016

Re: Ripped off By Goggle Adwords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
The funds were refunded to my bank account today and this matter is closed.
Thank you for your time

View solution in original post

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hello,

Thank you for posting to the AdWords Community. I'm sorry to hear about your negative experience. This is definitely we would like your first experience with AdWords to go.

I have reached out to the members of the AdWords Support team you've been working with and asked them to follow up with you as soon as possible to get this matter with your bank resolved.

If you do not hear from them within 24 hours, please let me know.

Cassie

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you for your time
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author D B E
November 2016

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you for your time

Community Manager
# 5
Community Manager

I'm very glad to hear that. Thank you for following up, and please let me know if there's anything else I can do to help. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I can tell you this much keep calling, emailing and pestering the person
who sold you the ad and do not take NO for an answer.Turn the ad off by
sliding the button left to off and do not restart it for any reason. If you
get nowhere with the person who sold you the ad DEMAND to speak with their
Supervisor right now and do not take NO for an answer.

Keep calling, emailing and yanking your hair out if necessary. It took me
over a week doing this but I did get my money back. During this whole
process I was called a liar by call centers that speak poor english and
mistreated to the point that my advertising dollars will be going elsewhere.

Hope this helps

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Google is ripping its customers off like no other! I installed a 3rd party software on my website to count paid clicks... When I compared the stats, I almost fell out of my chair. For instance, just yesterday, I had 20 clicks on my ads according to Google... My software told me I only had EIGHT clicks!!! 20 clicks for our business is a lot! and if we get 20 clicks we will get at least 10-15 calls!.... Guess home many calls I got yesterday.... 2! TWO CALLS from TWENTY clicks!!!! I know exactly what happened. Some customers clicked on my ads multiple times and google counted EVERY SINGLE CLICK! That is messed up!!! THEY COUNT EVERY SINGLE CLICK, even if the same customer clicks on your add 10 times, they will charge you for 10 clicks for one freaking customer!!!

Few weeks ago I actually called and confronted google with Evidence that they were ripping me off. This is the response that I got from them-"Google considers multiple clicks from the same customer a "NORMAL ACTIVITY!", it is customer "SHOPPING AROUND!".... ARE YOU EFFING KIDDING ME????? SOME IDIOT WILL CLICK ON MY AD 15 TIMES AND NEVER CALL ME AND I HAVE TO PAY FOR IT!!!! Keep in mind, average click in my business is around $10!

Google used to be honest and cared about its customers, we are the ones paying their bills... Now, they just rip smalls businesses off because they know we cant do crap to them. They are laughing all the way to the bank while we are working 100+ hours a week to keep up with bills. That's disgusting! 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

BEWARE OF GOOGLE ADWORDS! I got ripped off in a similar way.

Signed up with a coupon code after I spent $25. Couldn't find a way to disable the automatic credit card billing, now all of a sudden I see the ads didn't stop after my coupon code ran out. Not only that, Google automatically increases your "billing threshold" and doesn't even bother e-mailing to let you know there's a bill headed your way. 

$350 charges I was not expecting. Painful as an entrepreneur, that's days worth of work, gone. Google doesn't care. Bank doesn't care. I'll never spend another cent with Google. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Like you I will never spend another dime with Google Adwords. My latest nightmare with them is that they suspended my Google Adwords account because they could not take any more money out of my bank account. And that they are demanding me to pay them back for there over billing screw up. Needless to say I would not recommend Google Adwords for any advertising.