AdWords
3K members online now
3K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Repeat clicks from repeat IP Addresses

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Can anyone help with a question regarding repeat clicks from repeat IP Addresses that have been excluded, i use a IP software that excludes any suspicious IP's . Yet they keep coming back everyday at the same time its costing about $24 a day. there also no credits/adjustments in the campaign since beginning of time (Help)

you can reach me on jantym9@gmail.com

2 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Repeat clicks from repeat IP Addresses

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello and welcome,

Multiple clicks from the same IP address may not be necessarily invalid clicks. Se the below screenshot taken from the help center reference which shed light on the question you are asking:

IP.jpg

However, if Google finds it some unusual activity happening across advertiser's account, the amount is credited back automatically. 

Still if you think there are some issues in your account, you can report that to Google using this troubleshooter:

https://support.google.com/adwords/troubleshooter/2557048?rd=1

Hope that helps!

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello.

Did you add their IP on the exclusion list in AdWords and they still get to see your ads and click on them? And are you sure that what you see in your logs are new clicks, on AdWords ads, from the IPs you've just excluded?

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello and welcome,

Multiple clicks from the same IP address may not be necessarily invalid clicks. Se the below screenshot taken from the help center reference which shed light on the question you are asking:

IP.jpg

However, if Google finds it some unusual activity happening across advertiser's account, the amount is credited back automatically. 

Still if you think there are some issues in your account, you can report that to Google using this troubleshooter:

https://support.google.com/adwords/troubleshooter/2557048?rd=1

Hope that helps!

Pankaj

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello.

Did you add their IP on the exclusion list in AdWords and they still get to see your ads and click on them? And are you sure that what you see in your logs are new clicks, on AdWords ads, from the IPs you've just excluded?

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello AdWiser 

Could you help this user please ?

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Measure-results/Free-clicks-or-paid-clicks/m-p/148870

it is a question in your domain of expertise.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

I gave it a try.

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the quick intervention.

I still don't understand why the presentation of the PLA says that you pay after a double rule is true  "click + complete a purchase". Can't a visitor click and not complete a purchase ? When a purchase is not complete it is a free click ?

Isn't this system just like ebay ? You pay a commision only when you sold an item.

"Product Listing Ads are charged on a cost-per-action (CPA) basis, which means that you only pay when a user clicks your ad and completes a purchase on your site."

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

We're off topic here, Adrian, but CPA in PLAs has only been available (and maybe still is) to select US advertisers only. It has never been a feature available to the European countries where Google Merchant Center was launched.

The bit of text you found is not complete, here's the place where the information is clearer: http://www.google.com/ads/innovations/productlistingads.html

And no, the Google system is not similar to eBay, I don't know why you assumed it should be.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I do not know how to view the IP addresses that are causing repeated clicks, how does this IP software plug into adwords?