AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.1K members online now
5.1K members online now
Find out more about Google Ads billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Removing The Only Payment Option

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

How do I delete a payment option when there is only one card on the account and it is automatic billing? I set account up with a corporate card.

If I cannot delete card, how do I delete or terminate account to ensure automatic billing goes away? I've used prepay for all client accounts for 7+ years.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Ahmed Ali (Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆)
September 2015

Re: Removing The Only Payment Option

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Richard,

If there is single card in the account, that's considered a Primary method and atleast one form of payment is mandatory to include in the account. In case you want to remove it, first you need to enter another payment form and then select that as Primary. After that you will be able to remove the first card which is on file.

In case you don't want to run the ads for the time being, simply pause your campaigns and you won't be charged after that. However, if you have some pending dues, they will be reflected in your billing as per the billing threshold.

Still if you would like to cancel AdWords, here's the process: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6055604?hl=en&rd=2

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Ahmed Ali (Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆)
September 2015

Re: Removing The Only Payment Option

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Richard,

If there is single card in the account, that's considered a Primary method and atleast one form of payment is mandatory to include in the account. In case you want to remove it, first you need to enter another payment form and then select that as Primary. After that you will be able to remove the first card which is on file.

In case you don't want to run the ads for the time being, simply pause your campaigns and you won't be charged after that. However, if you have some pending dues, they will be reflected in your billing as per the billing threshold.

Still if you would like to cancel AdWords, here's the process: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6055604?hl=en&rd=2

Pankaj