AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.5K members online now
1.5K members online now
Find out more about Google Ads billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Refund in google adwords

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi guys,
How can i stop ads and start to count days of refund ?
Because i did a mistake in my ads, then I want remove

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Vu N
November 2016

Refund in google adwords

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Vu N,

You will need to follow a very specific set of steps to make the process go smoothly. You can request a refund by canceling your AdWords account while there is existing credit in the account. We'll automatically initiate a refund to your bank account or credit card associated with your AdWords account.

We don't offer refunds in these cases:

• You have money left over in your account from a promotional code.
  • Your account is still active.
  • You have an outstanding balance that you still need to pay.

So you will want to make sure those things are checked off your list. 

Open up your AdWords account and pause all of the campaigns, ad groups, ads, and keywords.

Now, let's cancel your account. During this process, you'll see any potential refund available to you. You'll also have a chance to provide your bank details if you use funds transfer.

You can cancel your account and start your refund process by following these steps:

1. Sign in to your AdWords account.
    2. Click the gear icon at the top of the page and choose Account settings, then select Preferences.
    3. At the bottom of the page, see the Account cancelation section.
    4. Click Cancel this account.
    5. On the following page, you can tell us why you're canceling, if you'd like. Then, when you're ready, click the Cancel my account button.

Refunds typically take up to 2 weeks for us to process, and it can take an additional 10 business days for your bank or credit card company to credit the refund to your account, depending on their own processes.

If you've waited longer than 4 weeks, please contact us.

Kind Regards,

James

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Vu N
November 2016

Refund in google adwords

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Vu N,

You will need to follow a very specific set of steps to make the process go smoothly. You can request a refund by canceling your AdWords account while there is existing credit in the account. We'll automatically initiate a refund to your bank account or credit card associated with your AdWords account.

We don't offer refunds in these cases:

• You have money left over in your account from a promotional code.
  • Your account is still active.
  • You have an outstanding balance that you still need to pay.

So you will want to make sure those things are checked off your list. 

Open up your AdWords account and pause all of the campaigns, ad groups, ads, and keywords.

Now, let's cancel your account. During this process, you'll see any potential refund available to you. You'll also have a chance to provide your bank details if you use funds transfer.

You can cancel your account and start your refund process by following these steps:

2. Click the gear icon at the top of the page and choose Account settings, then select Preferences.
    3. At the bottom of the page, see the Account cancelation section.
    4. Click Cancel this account.
    5. On the following page, you can tell us why you're canceling, if you'd like. Then, when you're ready, click the Cancel my account button.

Refunds typically take up to 2 weeks for us to process, and it can take an additional 10 business days for your bank or credit card company to credit the refund to your account, depending on their own processes.

If you've waited longer than 4 weeks, please contact us.

Kind Regards,

James

Refund in google adwords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi James,

I'm love to see your reply. It helps but one more thing is: when I click cancel account, I miss to click on request a refund. Then, How can I request it  again or it automatically refund to me.
And It will be refunded to my VISA which is added when I start my adwords, right ?

Best Regards,
Vu

Refund in google adwords

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Vu N,

Happy to help. 

The refund will commence automatically and will be applied to the payment method on file with your account, which in your case will be your Visa. You should see all of this resolved in a few weeks. 

Even after you've canceled your account, you can sign in to AdWords and check whether you have unpaid advertising costs:

2. Click the gear icon and choose Billing.
  3. Your unpaid advertising costs will be the amount shown under Current balance.

On this page, you can also verify that you didn't accrue any additional charges on your account after your ads stopped running. To do so, check that there are no Campaign activity line items after the date that your ads stopped running.

Kind Regards,

James

Refund in google adwords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

how long does it normally take for me to get a refund in to my credit card?

Refund in google adwords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

How long does it take for the refund to enter my credit card after i request a refund for adwords remaining credit.