AdWords
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Refund from a Closed/Banned Account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

About a week ago, my account was banned due to some issues with my payment method and advertising policy issues however I am sure I did not make any mistakes while running ads. Also, there has not been any response to my support tickets which I submitted using the Suspended Accounts ticket submission page.

After waiting for a couple of days, I cannot wait any more and want to get a refund. The page here https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1703646?hl=en does not address the scenario to refund from a banned account. So, I'd like to know if this is a process I can manually initiate or Google will automatically initiate the refund process after a few weeks?

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Refund from a Closed/Banned Account

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Junaid A,

Sorry to hear of your closed account. 

Unfortunately, AdWords requires at least two weeks and upwards of four weeks. If you reach the four week mark, there is something more wrong that is holding things up and you would need to contact support directly. Because we are a help forum here, and not AdWords Support, we are not allowed to see your account or help beyond providing the best answer possible based on the information you provide.

Since you have provided a great Help File link, I assume you have read it and do not have any of those issues in place, such  as having money left over from a promotional code, the account being active, etc.. so it is a waiting game now. It will be refunded, I do know that, but knowing how long that will take is not something I know precisely.

Best wishes and please let us know if we can help with anything further.

Kind Regards,

James