AdWords
5.5K members online now
5.5K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Refund for credit card payments?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So my account was suspended and I have $265 in balance left in my account. I made all payments via my Payoneer mastercard. I read on Adwords that they will automatically issue a refund to your credit card, right?

But I received an email from Google saying this:

===============

Thank you for your email. I understand that your AdWords account is no longer active and there is a credit balance remaining on the account.

To reverse a payment you previously made into your AdWords account, you'll need to dispute the charges directly with your bank. Please instruct your bank to charge back or cancel the charges from Google AdWords. Your bank will then be able to recover the funds and issue a credit to your bank account.

Sincerely,

===================

So basically they're asking for me to charge back the transaction, instead of automatically refund like they said??

I noticed in the email they only mentioned "bank", so I told them I only use credit card, but i got the same automated answer....

Here's a screenshot from my account, there's no instructions for refund for credit card

ssds.png

What do I do now? need advice!

1 Expert replyverified_user

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Trinh A,

Unfortunately, there are a few card issuing financial organizations that do not properly cooperate with US authorities and the one you mentioned is rumored to be one of them. Under this scenario, your only option is to request the organization to charge back the amount in question. My best educated guess is that being subject to US laws and regulations, Google is supposed to be compliant. (Similarly to an embargo on some countries.)

Honestly I am quite a bit surprised to hear that you were able to effect payment to Google by that card. We received a lot of complaints from people who were not.

We are not experts in international payments, just sharing our experience. If you want to be 100% sure, please seek legal advice.

Best,

Lakatos

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hmm may be that's why my account was suspended? I received notice that my account is suspended for "suspicious" payment activity last week... I appealed through the form and they got back saying I was suspended because they confirmed I violated the privacy... so I really don't know if it was the card or something else...

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Correct. Yeah, based on recurrent complaints in this forum that card typically is a cause for "suspicious financial activity" and suspension. Users are advised to obtain a card from a well established, reputable financial institution.