AdWords
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Re: Payment Refund

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

HI ,

I am using different payment methods for making payment on my adwords account, some time i use Net banking, some time i pay from credit card, i am using the manual method for making payments.. 

my account got suspended due to some policy reason.

now my question is, if i cancel my account and make a refund, where will the refund goes into my credit card or to my bank account ?

also please tell me if there is any possible way to make a refund into any other bank account or credit card instead of those through which i have made payment??

please help me with above both questions..

thanks in advance 

regards

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Rani!

You do have to cancel your account in order to get a refund and the payment would be refunded onto whichever method had made the payment in the first place.

For example: if you made your last payment on your Credit Card and then cancelled your account and got a refund, the amount returned will go onto your credit card.

As for your second question about getting the refund put onto a different card or into a different account, the answer is most likely no. However, I encourage you to double check with AdWords!

I hope this helped.

Have a great day

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
HI jillian,

Thanks for you reply..

means the refund will come on last used method, it can be net banking or credit card which used in last...

one more question here, i have used different net banking for making payment, i.e Kotak bank and Canara bank.. will i get the refund on the last used net banking account ?

please reply

thanks

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hello again Rani,

I would assume that you would get the refund on the last used net banking account. It sounds right to me however I am not 100% sure. It might be best to give AdWords a call so that they can give you a definite answer 1-866-246-6453.

Depending on your location, you may have to use a different number. Below is a URL that will help you find the proper number if you are in a different part of the world.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1385067?hl=en&authuser=0

Have a great day!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
We are in the middle of a nightmare with attempting to get a refund from Adwords Billing so I hope your experience is better than ours. On July 15th, I accidentally left a decimal point out of a payment and was charged $4015 instead of $40.15. I called billing within 2 minutes of the mistake thinking they could simply VOID the transaction - like WE have to do with our customers. Nope - the phone agent could not help. Supervisor failed to call back as promised on the 15th as well. After 4 days, and multiple emails, phone calls, chats later, a different agent told me that I had to close my account and request a refund. One agent said refunds take 2 days, another said two weeks. So in the meantime, bank account is missing $4015, and Adwords are not running, since our Adwords account had to be cancelled to get a refund. All this because google billing has no way to void an erroneous transaction. Today the agent that took an extra four days to get around to telling me the bureaucratic process told me that he had been working hard on it.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I will add to Ken's complaint by wholly agreeing with his complaint about Google and everything he said. You have to sell your soul to the Devil to get in bed with them. They have been caught again and again overstepping boundaries of privacy, personal security, and lawlessness. Google uses people heavily and gives a small penance for participation. It's true in everything they do. I can name 100's of examples throughout their business where they don't honor their own policies and they have become an attack on our community. You may not be sorry now, but I guarantee that we all will be. You can't use your Android phone without them, and you're forced now to accept ANYTHING they want to do. In the play store, if you've made significant purchases under previous agreement, you won't be able to access the account until you accept new terms. All previous purchases are gone. I'm getting away from Google. You can also be sure that anytime you are getting some product or service for free, it's because YOU are the product! Stay safe!