AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Find out more about Google Ads billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Re: Just signed up... No prepay option?

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee
Hi Daniel,

Not a stupid question at all, thanks for bringing it up because I didn't make it clear in my previous post. This change is just for new accounts. Your old accounts will remain on their current settings and will be unaffected by this change.

Let us know if you have any other questions,
Hannah
1 Expert replyverified_user

Just signed up... No prepay option?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I've just signed up and set all my keywords etc. I'm trying to setup my billing but there is no prepay option?

I only get a message under 'How you pay' that reads:

Automatic payments
  • Your ads typically start running almost immediately after submitting your billing information.
  • Pay only after you accrue costs, and make additional payments whenever you like.
  • We automatically charge you when you reach your billing threshold or 30 days after your last automatic payment, whichever comes first.  Learn more

That's it? No options what so ever?

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee
Hi Andrew,

We are discontinuing the prepay billing option for all new accounts to allow for uninterrupted serving of ads without any effort on your part. You'll still be able to make manual payments via the automatic billing option in the Billing tab.

You still have complete control over your spend with the availability to set a daily budget and end date for your campaigns, to use ad scheduling to pause/enable your ads at specific times, and to create a shared budget to be used across all campaigns within your account.

Let us know if you have any other questions about this,
Hannah

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi:

I was wondering about all previous accounts. Many we had are dormant and no longer active.  The pre-pay options wee exhausted and not again funded.  We literally have hundreds of these and will these all switch to automatic billing? I know this is probably a stupid question but I have not seen any discussion or emails from Google?  Would we literally have to go into every account and delete all campaigns to ensure they are not activated for automatic billings?  I am hoping this automatic billing is juts for new accounts?

Thanks

Daniel

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
This seems very odd. Why would Google do away with the prepay option?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Because google is clearly decided to start doing evil here. They say its to make sure ads are not interrupted. but is that the real motivation I think not... Its so Google can keep their revenue stream flowing. So that if you want to control your advertising budget limiting it to a fixed amount you cannot. Even worse Google is FORCING old accounts to switch from Pre-Pay to Post Pay. They are clearly doing this for selfish reasons and do not have the best interest of the advertisers in mind. I have seen AdWords turn to crap in recent years. I think google is taking action to ensure profitability and uninterrupted revenue for them. After all by doing post pay, you could spend more than you wanted to spend or would have with pre-pay. Google is aware of that. Not to mention when ads stop running, so does the revenue to Google. I think the bigger concern is that it causes ads to stop running and reduces competition at times. Which causes the cost per click to drop, and also causes revenue for Google to drop. Keeping the ads running, keeps them in the bid competition, and maintains the per click amount. This is clearly some shady stuff, and Google should not get rid of a payment form that has been there for over a decade. Denying new accounts the ability to pre-pay now. Not to mention not sending any notice to existing pre-pay accounts. On one account I just updated the billing information less than 2 months ago. Now I see an alert the account has been upgraded to the new billing system. Which did not happen to any other client adword accounts I manage, because those are all post pay. I am on the phone with Google Adwords and I am being told the Pre Payment option is not longer available to new or existing accounts. I received no notification or anything. Even googles own pages do not mention such, https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/3122375?rd=2. This is a complete JOKE I am absolutely LIVID over this. It is unacceptable to remove a payment method that has been in place for over a decade... Not to mention with NO notice to existing pre-pay accounts. What a joke, Google is showing its evil capitalist side... Not to mention there are no referrals or commissions for adwords. At one point I had clients spending several thousand a month with google, far exceeding any monthly amounts I have gotten from clients. Now they do this, and just cause further problems. Google is becoming Evil! There is no good in this action what so ever.... Removing choice is bad, giving options is good...

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Yes Daniel that will be the case, and you will not see any notification from google. Other than the account has been moved to the billing system you need to re-input your billing information, displayed in the red alert bar. If an account has a pre-paid balance, ads will stop running and you will also get an alert that the the pre-paid balance has been exhausted when it has not been. This is a total joke!

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This is such a lie. Do you think people are morons? Apparently you must. You state that the reason is for "uninterrupted serving of ads without any effort on your part." That is a flat-out lie. If a person wanted uninterrupted serving of ads, he could simply have switched to post-pay on his own. This change does not "facilitate" that, as Hannah would have us morons believe. This change is plain and simple: people are going to spend more when the pre-pay option is removed. And Hannah knows this fact as well as the rest of us know this fact. Yet, she looks at us without blushing and lies to our faces. Totally disgusting.