AdWords
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Random little automatic payments

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

We have an MCC and usually we set up our client accounts in such a way that we will pay in the budget i.e. £600 at £20 per day over the month, then once this is depleted the account is paused rather than letting the money accrue. 

However, one of our accounts cannot be paused as they would potentially lose out on conversions. My understanding is that when the budget in the account has run out the money accrued will be billed in 30 days or once £50 has accrued. This is fine as the Budget is usually updated before this threshold is met.  However, were seeing little automatic payments every time this happens even though the 30 days or £50 hasn't been met? 

Would anyone be able to shed any light on this?

Thanks. 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Random little automatic payments

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @GoMedia not sure I fully understand the pattern you're seeing; would you be able to post an example "timeline" of payments?

I have to say this seems a rather time-consuming way to manage your client Accounts.  If your client has given you a fixed budget for a period of time, why not simply add that entire budget then script or automate rules to pause the Campaign when the budget is reached?

Professionally, I would always recommend that client's retain control of the funding of their Accounts.  Not only does this provide the greatest transparency, it's also the greatest protection an agency can have against unpaid bills...

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for you time to read over the issue and your reply.

I have attached a screenshot of the billing table. It could be something really simple I'm completely missing, however, I cant see why they're automatically billing the 69p (as per the screenshot) when I'm told the automatic billing will be billed once the account has accrued £50 or in 30 days time.

Screen Shot 2016-07-12 at 15.03.41.png

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @GoMedia I'm pretty sure this isn't an automatically billed account.  An automatically billed account runs perpetually in arrears (the figures in the right-hand side column would be a debit balance and would not have brackets) unless you're making additional payments manually.  As you may know, the billing thresholds only apply to automatically billed Accounts, I suspect this one is manual.

Check the box at the top of the screen where it says "How you pay", this will show you what your payment settings are.

Jon

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Jon_Gritton,

We manually pay in the £300 per month, however, the account is set to "Automatic payments (After £200.00 accrued or 30 days, whichever comes first)"

Sometimes the £300 in the account runs over and the money accrues in the account which is fine. We usually then repay another £300 in as we have set dates when we do this, as far as I'm aware the money that has been accrued in the account then gets deducted from the money paid in, i.e. I pay £300 in and there is £20 accrued the balance in the account would be £280 (unless £200 is accrued or 30 days like the above statement) meaning any outstanding debt has been paid, however the little automatic payments every month are really confusing us. 

Thanks. 

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi @GoMedia, hmm, weird.  The only other thing I can imagine is that someone is manually making these odd payments (but I presume you're seeing "Automatic Payment" against the entry, yes?).

Have you tried asking Support?

Jon

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Jon_Gritton,

Yes its showing as an Automatic Payment. The £0.69 and the £4.49 does equal to the £5.18 below in the billing table which is why I was wondering if it was something I was completely missing.

Thanks a lot for your input, I'll get in touch with support but I thought I'd try on here first incase anyone else had had a similar situation.