AdWords
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Question on daily budget, cost and transactions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I just got started with Adwords. I set my daily budget to $5 a day and ended up with $26.64 cost. According to Adwords Help page, there is a 20% cap on cost, the exceeding cost will be returned as overdelivery credit.

屏幕快照 2017-02-24 上午10.31.11.png

So I guess with $5/day, it should cap at $6. I got $60 remaining credit before started and ran the campaign for less than a day (February 23, EST), so why the remaining credit is $48, instead of $54? Why charged $6 twice?  

Thanks!

屏幕快照 2017-02-24 上午10.36.53.png

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
February 2017

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi @Philip L,

There may be several reasons behind this. These include:

Decreasing the budget amount after some time when you have already spent this amount but was not updated by the system on the dashboard.

Note: The data on the AdWords dashboard is not real time data. Get more details: Determining your data's freshness

If this is not the case then the exceeding cost will be returned as overdelivery credit. Get more details here: Check for overdelivery

We can not access the AdWords account here. So, you need to contact the AdWords support team if you think these suggestions are not suitable for your issue.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
February 2017

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi @Philip L,

There may be several reasons behind this. These include:

Decreasing the budget amount after some time when you have already spent this amount but was not updated by the system on the dashboard.

Note: The data on the AdWords dashboard is not real time data. Get more details: Determining your data's freshness

If this is not the case then the exceeding cost will be returned as overdelivery credit. Get more details here: Check for overdelivery

We can not access the AdWords account here. So, you need to contact the AdWords support team if you think these suggestions are not suitable for your issue.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks. You're right the data is not up-to-date. There's a transaction on 1-24 not shown in Transaction List, but the remaining balance reflects the cost on 1-24.

Thanks a lot!