AdWords
5.5K members online now
5.5K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Promotional code expired

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi 

I've been finding out about Adwords and set up an account to get more information because it was difficult to find the information I wanted without setting up and account.  Until today, due to time restrictions, I'd only entered basic info and hadn't set up any ads.  I wanted to complete the process today, set up an add and apply a promotional code that doesn't expire until 31/12/14 but according to google adwords my account is too old and the code as expired.  

Any help or suggestions would be useful - I'm finding the whole thing time consuming and considering abandoning AdWords.

Thanks in advance Smiley Happy 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Promotional code expired

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Adele

Looking through some old threads on here, it seems Voucher codes can usually only be applied to new customers of AdWords with an AdWords account that was opened less than 14 days ago.

It could be that although the expiry is 31st Dec, there may still be the 14 day limit on the offer.

It may be an idea to call adwords support?

Hope that helps a little

I wouldnt give up on adwords just because of this, you may be about to turn away from the greatest ROI driver you ever implement. Keep the faith Smiley Happy

James Edward

Re: Promotional code expired

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee
Hi Adele,

I'm so sorry you're having trouble with your promotional code. When you have a chance, call in our support line at 1-866-2-GOOGLE and we can look into getting you a replacement code as an alternative. Feel free to mention that I referred you to them so they know who to contact!

Thanks,
Ari