AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.5K members online now
1.5K members online now
Find out more about Google Ads billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Promotional $100

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm new to adwords.  Was told that if I spent $25, I would get $100 free.  So, I (entered my promo code when I opened up the site), then spent $25 and still no $100.  I have since deleted the email that had the code but I do have an email that says

Our offer to you: Spend $25, get $100.

Thanks for adding the promotional code to your account. You're on your way. Simply spend $25, and we'll credit an additional $100 toward driving customers to your website.

What do I need to do to get it?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Promotional $100

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello; 

Please avoid   "bold / big typing ".  It distracts the "flow of reading"...!

Please refer to the following article on the issue:

Spend X Get Y Promotional Codes: How Do They Work?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
i still find it strange that google wont even display (under billing) something to say 'promotional coupon entered - not yet activated' so that people know that it has been correctly / properly entered at least

a bit misleading..

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@@mark18;

In the instructions for the new coupon redeeming, it is explained that you need to spend before the credit applied. I do agree, that a message should be displayed to the use when "typing in" the coupon number.

@mark18 wrote:
i still find it strange that google wont even display (under billing) something to say 'promotional coupon entered - not yet activated' so that people know that it has been correctly / properly entered at least

a bit misleading..

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I had the same misunderstanding of the promotion. I "spent" $25 by buying $25 in Adwords credit from Google. I was told it would take 3-4 days for the credit of $100 to show up in my billing. After 3 days I exhausted $24.95 of the credit and still no $100 fropm Google. I finally went to the Google Adwords Chat Help anmd was informed I had not spent $25 and that I needed a 5 cent clicl wich is literally impossible to find. I tried to add to my credit another $2 to solve the problem but then was thwarted by the $20 minimum purchase. After dealing with customer service they gave me a one-time $20 credit which solved the problem.

Really there promotion should be "Purchase $25 and get a $100 credit"

Ira @ http://www.partychef.ca

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I also took advantage of the promotion but don't see it anywhere?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Bold!