AdWords
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Promotional $100

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm new to adwords.  Was told that if I spent $25, I would get $100 free.  So, I (entered my promo code when I opened up the site), then spent $25 and still no $100.  I have since deleted the email that had the code but I do have an email that says

Our offer to you: Spend $25, get $100.

Thanks for adding the promotional code to your account. You're on your way. Simply spend $25, and we'll credit an additional $100 toward driving customers to your website.

What do I need to do to get it?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Promotional $100

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello; 

Please avoid   "bold / big typing ".  It distracts the "flow of reading"...!

Please refer to the following article on the issue:

Spend X Get Y Promotional Codes: How Do They Work?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
i still find it strange that google wont even display (under billing) something to say 'promotional coupon entered - not yet activated' so that people know that it has been correctly / properly entered at least

a bit misleading..

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@mark18;

In the instructions for the new coupon redeeming, it is explained that you need to spend before the credit applied. I do agree, that a message should be displayed to the use when "typing in" the coupon number.

mark18 wrote:
i still find it strange that google wont even display (under billing) something to say 'promotional coupon entered - not yet activated' so that people know that it has been correctly / properly entered at least

a bit misleading..

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I had the same misunderstanding of the promotion. I "spent" $25 by buying $25 in Adwords credit from Google. I was told it would take 3-4 days for the credit of $100 to show up in my billing. After 3 days I exhausted $24.95 of the credit and still no $100 fropm Google. I finally went to the Google Adwords Chat Help anmd was informed I had not spent $25 and that I needed a 5 cent clicl wich is literally impossible to find. I tried to add to my credit another $2 to solve the problem but then was thwarted by the $20 minimum purchase. After dealing with customer service they gave me a one-time $20 credit which solved the problem.

Really there promotion should be "Purchase $25 and get a $100 credit"

Ira @ http://www.partychef.ca

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I also took advantage of the promotion but don't see it anywhere?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Bold!