AdWords
5K members online now
5K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Promotion code problem!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

google has sent me mail, with a promo code, which I have to apply before 30.nov. , but however I try to apply it, it says:

"Sorry, you are not eligible for this promotional code for the following reason(s): The length of time since your account was created."

What is the problem, why I can't apply my promo code? Am I doing something wrong?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Promotion code problem!

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

In typical cases vouchers can only be applied to accounts that are less than 2 week old. Chances are your account is older.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi,

Did you check on the Terms and Conditions of the promotion prior to trying to enter the code?  Often, these codes are only applicable for brand new accounts and need to be entered within the first 14 days of a new account.

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes, my account is older, but what is the logic in this? Why are they sending me vouchers by mail if I cannot use it...

Even if it states, that it has to be used until 30. nov...

I just somehow dont understand why google wants to give me a discount on adwords when afterwards, when I want to use it, it can't be applied...

Maybe I'm stupid, but tell me, isn't this weird?

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Since you already got a relatively old account I don't think Google, in fact, wanted to give you promotional codes. (Creating a second account could be seen as a policy violation by default, unless special reasons apply.)

However, the company has grown large and internal processes are not always 100% perfect .... Robot LOL

Bottom line is you are not stupid at all, it's pretty good thinking at your end. I am not sure if weird is the right term. (Actually the addressees of promotional codes should have been checked against the billing addresses in existing accounts.) Please also factor in that no harm was done and intentions were good. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes yes, intentions were good...

However, in my humble opinion, this was pure marketing...and, as I see, it worked! Smiley Happy

Promo or not promo, I'm giving AdWords a try...

Thanks for the opinions/help...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This is holy message after i pay for it. thye have like 10pages terms. who ever read it i dont know realy but why they are hide the promotion code area to make me confused that i thinkabout i will see he promotion code area after i pay 25$ this is holy...