AdWords
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Promotion Code Issues - "Invalid Promotion Code" here too!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Received an offer for $100 free advertising. The cover letter says go to www.google.ca/ads/freetrial to redeem, the cardboard brochure says go to www.google.com.ca/ads/freetrial to redeem and the promotion card says go to www.google.com.ca/ads/placesoffer to redeem. Each link provides an opportunity to log in to my existing but inactive adwords account where I log in and enter the promotion code which results in the error "Invalid Promotion Code". Do I need to set up a new account to use this promo code? It shouldn't be this difficult and why three different "go to" urls?

Re: Promotion Code Issues - "Invalid Promotion Code" here too!

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi BryanB,

As you have already had an AdWords account you won't be able to apply this voucher to your existing account. If you look at the terms and conditions at the bottom of the page you'll see it applies only for new advertisers with self managed accounts.

I'd be careful about setting up multiple accounts just to redem a voucher, it's not worth the risk of being suspended.

It can seem odd that you have been given a voucher that you can't apply but this has been happening for years and I think current advertisers will be getting these for a while still.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author BryanB
September 2015

Re: Promotion Code Issues - "Invalid Promotion Code" here too!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for clearing that up. "The left hand does not know what the right hand is doing" in other words.