AdWords
5.6K members online now
5.6K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Promo codes

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Am I understanding that because i opened an adwords account but did nothing with it for more than 14 days I can't use the promo code I got?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Promo codes

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Jonas.
That is correct. There is no way around this I'm afraid.
The coupon code is an incentive to OPEN an account, not free credit for those who already have an account.

Don't shoot the messenger Smiley Happy

Dave

Re: Promo codes

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Not to worry! Thing is I actually opened the account based on the incentive but a combo of distractions and realizing I should do a little research caused me to postpone doing anything. I guess i should have put the code in right away. I just find it a bit disingenuous since I have only opened the account but have not created a campaign. For me the coupon is the incentive to try a campaign - not open an account. That makes way more sense in terms of getting people comfortable with using it. For a novice like me, throwing $100 away on a first attempt and probably poorly crafted campaign is the single reason I haven't pulled the trigger already. It's not as if google wouldn't know when a coupon was used sheesh.