AdWords
3K members online now
3K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Promo code not showing up

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I've set up an an account after receiving a promo code from google.  In the setup process/billing I chose manual payments and entered the code which was recognized.

The msg I received was (not word for word - I didn't think to copy msg):  you've applied promo credits but chose manual pmts, your ads will start runnung almost immediately but will need to make pmt for ads not to stop running.

However, the promotional balance was not applied and account balance is showing at $0.00.  Do I need to make a minimum payment before these credits are applied?  I haven't set up any ads yet - do I need to set up ads for the credits to show?

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Promo code not showing up

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

never mind... I guess there was delay in the processing Smiley Very Happy  still happy I found this forum in general. Will come in handy.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

HI openskydeals

Here is some information about promotional codes, I think you will find this useful-

Using promotional codes and coupons

It gives details of how the codes work for different payment types etc and there is also another link at the bottom of the page about trouble shooting promo codes too.

Also, keep in mind that your ads may not start running straight away as they may be under review, you can check the status of your ads by looking at the status column on the ads tab.

Wishing you the best of luck, I hope this helps you :-)

Best Regards

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author openskydeals
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello and welcome to the forum Smiley Happy

Of course yes, you will have to set up your campaign comprising of ads and keywords in order to utilize the promotional credit you have applied.

If you have entered the promo code today, then I believe you should wait for sometime to see the update of this credit applied to your account. You can see that by visiting the Billing Tab.

One important point I would like to make here is that you will have to enter the correct Billing details in order to make your account active and see your ads running. Although, you will not be charged until the promo credit gets exhausted. 

Just a thought!

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Guess I am still confused on how the adwords credits work. I received in the mail a adwords credit for up to $125 in free advertising created the account entered code, chose manual payments, made a $30 deposit to account and now just received a message my account balance is running low.  I have used up $28.75 of the $30 I deposited by see know where in billing anything about my promo code but if I attempt to enter it again it says it has already been used.

Can someone please explain what I may have done wrong and if you should be able to see the credit within the account?

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

HI Michael

You haven't done anything wrong, you need to have spent the required amount of money before the free credit will be applied to your account. Once you have met the minimum spend requirement, you are eligable to receive the free credit within 5 business days.

You wont see anything in your account that states you have used the promo code immediately after applying it, but once the promotional credit is applied you will see it show in your billing tab next to the date it was credited to you like this: Promotion code: XXXXXXXXXXXX

I hope this makes sense

Kind regards