AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Find out more about Google Ads billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Promo Code Not Crediting?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there

I recently added a promotional code to my account - and with my campaign activated - it doesn't seem to actually start serving ads?

When I've done this in the past it all sort of automatically happened. The promo code was accepted and my campaign has been active - can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Please and thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Promo Code Not Crediting?

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Kyle R, 

It usually takes us about 24-48hrs to start serving ads on a new account. Make sure your billing details are entered correctly and that all your ads have a status of either eligible or approved.

In addition to this, depending on the conditions of your promo code, you usually have to reach a certain spend limit before you will be credited with the promotional amount. Eg. Spend $25 get $100. That $25 needs to be spent before you will see the $100 credited to your billing tab. 

Check back tomorrow and if you still aren't getting impressions and clicks, let us know and we can see what's going on. 

-Hannah

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you Hannah. The card doesn't seem to have a "buy this get this". Just a "get up to 150$"

Do I need to have billing information inputted even though I'm using this promo code?

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Hi Kyle, 

Yes, you always need to have valid billing information entered in an account in order to get it running.

If you want to make sure you don't spend more than the $150 credit I would recommend setting a strict daily budget on your account (maybe you want to try $30 a day) and then set an end date (eg. Feb 7th or 8th).

Let us know if you're not seeing clicks and impressions in your campaign 24hrs after entering your billing information. 

-Hannah